What Was your Favorite Music Concert you attended, group or solo artist?

by flipper 84 Replies latest jw friends

• Illyrian
    Illyrian

I've seen Elton John live last year, awesome performance. Every song was a hit in itself
    here are just some of the favorites

Rocket Man

Goodbye yellow brick road

Tiny Dancer

Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word

Also few years ago I went to one of the last Bee Gees concerts before one of them died.

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

Radiohead- The Gorge WA June 23, 2001
    Radiohead-Parkbuhne Wulheide Berlin, September 11, 2001
    Radiohead-San Sebastian Spain July 31, Aug 1, and Aug 2 2003

• helncon
    helncon

1998---Pearl Jam

1998--- Metallica

2004--Metallica 3 nights in a row

Met them as well the highlight of my life

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Andreas Wallenhider at Mahafey theather in Tampa

Todd rundgrenn at the columbia ballroom

blue oyster cult at florid state university

oingo boingo at janus landing

elton john at cleveland public hall in 69

Steppenwolf

Bob seeger system Public Hall Cleveland

Spirit Columbus Ohio

Bogus pomp at the state theater

Neil Diamond back in the thank the lord for the night time days

Tommy James and the shondels

The Doors, Public Hall Cleveland

Chicago Transit Authority Public Hall

Neil Young Public Hall.

One of my bands wherever we play. Rob Quinn., High Tides, 3rd wish, Paradox, Dave Robbins Band, High Court, Blitzzen, The Core, Trap G, Aerhart, Revolver, Scuby cats

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Back before Elton was famous in the Mad man accross the Water Days, I snuck behind the stage at public hall In Cleveland and sat next to his piano for the entire concert. Must have been about 69

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Prince's first concert. 1980, Greenville, South Carolina, with Rick James and Teena Marie. A wild and crazy night. Ironically, the same auditorium in which I attended the assembly.

George Clinton/Parliament-Funkadelic-Grant Park, Taste of Chicago, 2001. Even the cops were dancing.

I would have loved to have seen the Doors in concert. (drooling) Alas, I was too young. Steppenwolf too. I had such a crush on John Kay.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

its a very close call between...

pink floyd..at earls court london performing the wall

and u2 at parkhead glasgow for the zoo tv tour.

u2 probably just shave it.

peter gabriel several times..always innovative

saw genesis this weekend at old trafford manchester...best sound and visuals ever in a stadium..and only 1 semi-duff song.

queen with freddie rocked the apollo glasgow ..live killers tour

marillion performing the whole of brave at the barrowlands glasgow......and fish performing misplaced childhood at the garage.

sting always hits the spot.

best female goes to tori amos

unexpected treat...porcupine tree at king tuts..been a fan ever since

best festival was v2001....texas,chillis,coldplay,embrace,nelly furtado,david gray,neil finn,muse, starsailor,turin brakes,grandaddy.

still want to see radiohead, kate bush, mercury rev

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

insomniac, the pogues, i LOVE dirty old town. nin is from here.

and everyone that got to see pink floyd, i hate you guys. that is my #1 all time favorite band, but, i didn't get to see them live. i think roger waters is playing a concert somewhere, but, i want the whole floyd experience.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

This is getting fun everybody!

I forgot to mention Radiohead- Tower Theater, Philadelphia

Saw U2 back in the day, 120,000 at JFK Stadium in Philly, after the venue had already been condemned

Tijkmo- Saw Mercury Rev open for Doves at the TLA, Philadelphia - very ethereal experience

Bigd- Roger Waters kicks ass. One of my favorite Floyd albums is The Final Cut. See him if you can bro.

Almost forgot...........Yes, seen them three times, last time in beautiful Traverse City, Michigan. With my brother.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

man, i can listen to final cut over and over. it actually helped me through a suicidal period in my life. you have to listen to it from beginning to end. if you skip tracks, it's just not the same. good call nvr.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit