What Was your Favorite Music Concert you attended, group or solo artist?

by flipper 84 Replies latest jw friends

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

oh, i almost forgot, DEPECHE MODE!!!!! that was an awesome show.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    it actually helped me through a suicidal period in my life.

Ironic how depressing music can make us feel better.

• sandy
    sandy

Trisha Yearwood . . . She is an amazing powerhouse singer!

I see mostly solo artists and so far she has been the best.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Seeing UB40 at a small auditorium shortly after having my first child. Geez that was 13 years ago!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

These were the BEST concerts I've been to:

1992 -- Metallica

1994 -- Depeche Mode

1996 -- Smashing Pumpkins & Garbage

2004 -- Metric

The others just don't compare, fun as they always were.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I don't know the years, but Neil Diamond puts on a great show. He has no warm up acts, and sings for hours. We went many times to his concerts and sat almost in the front row, and once in the front row.

There was a couple in our congregation that had a music store, and they sold concert tickets (long before Ticketmaster existed). She would always call me when Neil was coming and put aside tickets for us.

About 10 years ago, we saw Reba McIntyre, and she was great. Those tickets were an anniversary gift from friends who didn't know we weren't fans, but it was still a good show. She had a couple of warm up acts that were very good too. She had broken her leg shortly before the concert and performed in a motorized wheelchair. Very funny and she handled it great.

Last year we went to see The Brothers Cazimero, singers from Hawaii, and loved their show.

A friend of ours plays Hawaiian slack key guitar, and is friendly with many of the celebrated slack key artists, and when they come to Seattle, we go see them with him, and have met many of the greats. Raymond Kane, Ledward Kaapan, Owana Salazar, Keola Beamer, and more whose names aren't coming to me.

• I Know what I like, and I like what I know
    I Know what I like, and I like what I know

Pink Floyd, Genesis, Marillion. Looking forward to go to Chris de Burg in august with my two daughters ( 11 and 12 years ). Still regret not having seen Supertramp live. I also like to see the Pogues once! And Paul Carrack. And Herbert Gronemeyer ( from germany ). I have seen a ( canedian ? ) tribute band doing `the lamb lies down on broadway` set as Genesis did it in the early 70´s. Very good!

In february I have seen `the buena vista social club` in Barcelona. We were there with only 150 guest, I was so lucky! ( Blackberry party ) and they were wonderfull!

I know what I like and I like what I know

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I know what i like... maybe you should have posted at "one o'clock, and time for lunch. Dum-dee-dumm..."

The best concert I ever saw was David Bowie at the Milton Keynes Bowl. It was his final concert of the Chages tour, with Adrien Belew on guitar.

The best Gig I ever saw was at a small (I mean really small) community hall in Milton Keynes of Henry Rollin's Band. About 25 of us turned up, and they still played at a 110 mph.

steve

• flipper
    flipper

Nvr & Bigdreaux- I agree with you that depressing music helps your emotions out. I've been listening to Pink Floyd for years, and the Moody Blues stuff, actually saw them live 3 times. Some of these groups use a lot of minor chords in their music, you know the serious depressing chords, but it sounds so damn good. That's why I like "Stairway to Heaven "so much. Zeppelin"s "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" was also one of my all time favorites. Gawd, I would have loved to seen Zeppelin live. Mrs. Flipper and I saw Led Zeppagain a Zeppelin cover group on our second date early last year. It helped us consumnate our relationship, if ya know what I mean

• 38 Years
    38 Years

Hard to choose, so my top 3 would be:

Paul McCartney

The Who

Allman Brothers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit