What Was your Favorite Music Concert you attended, group or solo artist?

by flipper 84 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

In the late 70s I saw Earth, Wind & Fire with Phillip Bailey singing at his best. Also, I loved Al Green!

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

In my late teens, my mom and I went to see James Brown--so unquestionably it was him. The slogan that he was "the hardest working man in show business" was the truth!! I felt I got my money's worth many times over! Sad that he is dead now.

• Twitch
    Twitch

The Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium Tour

Pink Floyd - The Division Bell Tour

U2 - "Pop" Tour

Big Sugar - local bar - 94 or so

Eric Clapton & Mark Knopler - late 80s

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I can't believe I forgot about this, I was watching Chris Isaak on Youtube and I remembered that when I worked at Levi's in San Francisco Chris Isaak and his band came and played for the Levi's employees. Boy can that man sing.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Prince - NJ, 2004

Elton John - Philadelphia, 2005

Bon Jovi/Nickelback in Philly last summer. I can't wait for my birthday this year.

I expect The Police to be added to this list next month.

• horrible life
    horrible life

ELVIS July 4, 1976 200th anniversary of the US. Stood in line all night, to get tickets. Worth it!.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

George Harrison on his 1974 Dark Horse tour with Billy Preston and Ravi Shankar and his Indian orchestra.

Neil Young on his GreenDale tour. The man can still rock as energetically as he did when he was on Sugar Mountain. We'll forgive his eccentricities with his rock opera attempt. His classics really rocked.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd three summers ago for free. The boy will make the audience feel like the whole venue is going to rocket into space. He has amazing chemistry and charisma, not to mention an excellent guitar player and song writer. Best of all? It was free and in the beautiful Michigan countryside. Also with him were Blue Oyster Cult that I had seen as a teen in the 70's pre Don't Fear The Reaper days. And Deep Purple, they were with Kenny, too. Also saw them in the 74, but didn't stay because we had to pick Mickey up at the babysitters.

70's Soul Jam. Carl Carlton, Chi-lites, Dramatics and the Stylistics. Man, What You See Is What You Get. Wow and I Want To Go Out Side In The Rain complete with special effects. *Sigh* It was all good.

• nowisee
    nowisee

most electric, frenzied, unforgettable - elvis, july 1975, nassau coliseum. i was not an elvis fan but i was totally caught up in the energy. luciano pavarotti, avery fisher hall, 1983. he was in his prime. runners up: billy joel, new haven coliseum 1976; paul anka, steel pier 1960, freedomland, (became a teeny-bopper groupie for a short time - my jw parents indulged my pubescent insanity); neil diamond, forrest hills @ 1977; joan baez 1986 new haven, ct; john denver - several times madison sq. garden & new haven coliseum; peter, paul & mary, several times, new york & ct.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

my morning jacket--bonnaroo 2006 from 12:00am 'til around 3:00am (i think)

tool 2007---wow!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    my morning jacket

Ohhhhhhh yeahhhhhhh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit