what to do? Grandson being beaten by JW father

by slvrtrixter 48 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• slvrtrixter
    slvrtrixter

My grandson was beaten on Sunday by his dad. He didn't want to go to the meeting and so my son spanked him so hard he can hardly walk. His step mom put her hand over his mouth and his eyes so the neighbors would not hear him. I saw my grandson and he told me this. I sat most of the day at social services to make a report and when I get to the intake worker tells me it has to be reported in the mom's county. I will have to call Wednesday. The lawyers are just waiting. I just want to explode. My grandson is at the doctors now. I saw my grandson Saturday and he wanted to come with me but my son refused. I bought my grandson a cell phone but my son won't let it in the house. I can't take much more of this.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Get the boy to a doctor for xrays and photographs of the bruises. This needs to be documented. If mom reports to the doctor that she suspects that the boy is being beaten, the doctor has a professional obligation to get the proper authorities involved. The dad can be charged with criminal assault.

EXACTLY!!!!!

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Thanks for the update. I was thinking about you and your grandson the other day.

My son has gotten his son (my grandson) back from the mother with bruises and stories of being hit by her and her boyfriend. My son took pictures of the bruises and took the child directly to the Sheriff's Dept in the country where the mother lived. The case was turned over to CPS and we thought for a moment some good would come of it. Turns out the case worker it was assigned to protected the abusive mother.

At least it is being documented each time with the Sheriff's Dept. One day he will be able to get custody. It is so sad the little children have to endure this while law enforcement and Child Protective Services do nothing to protect the children. Please keep the local law enforcement involved & request they write a report each time you and the mother are aware of a beating like this.

Please keep us informed.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You are a brave woman doing all you can.

I sat most of the day at social services to make a report and when I get to the intake worker tells me it has to be reported in the mom's county. I will have to call Wednesday. The lawyers are just waiting. I just want to explode. My grandson is at the doctors now. I saw my grandson Saturday and he wanted to come with me but my son refused. I bought my grandson a cell phone but my son won't let it in the house. I can't take much more of this.

I'm sorry the social services treated you this way. Welcome to the world of red tape. I would have asked to speak to that intake worker's supervisor and insisted they take a record of your concern. Then, you would tell them, if any further harm came to your grandchild, they could read about in the papers how they sent a grandmother away to sit in another stuffy waiting room.

I hope the doctor makes some waves for you.

• slvrtrixter
    slvrtrixter

Yes, the red tape is flying and I don't know how to cut it. I reported my grandson's conversation about him being hit on the July 15th weekend to Social Services. I handed printouts about Jehovah's Witnesses and their child abuse to the gal lawyer and the boy's mother's lawyer. Now they are leaving the firm or suddenly have confict of interests. Social Service did call our son who then called our grandson and accused him of lying. He said something about not hitting him that hard and it was serious to be lying. I get a call late last night and my grandson was having an anxiety attack big time. So I told them to go to the emergency psych hospital. No one has the power or correct proof to cancel our son's upcoming weekend visit. There is no way to check on him. Most of the apartment complex is witnesses. Wisconsin gives parents the power to use coporal punishment and there seems to be a fine line to prove child abuse. I think the child has to be dead first in Dane county.

• DJK
    DJK
    there seems to be a fine line to prove child abuse. I think the child has to be dead first

This is how I felt as a child. That many years ago, it was probably true. Never give up. Never give up!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

oh you did call the cops? frustrating

• slvrtrixter
    slvrtrixter

My grandson shows up from visiting his Dad with a lump on his head and hair missing. His step mother did it. She was trying to get him to admit to something. Social Services investigated about the weekend of July 15th. My son is calling his eight year old a liar. And treating him like one. According to the other grandmother he doesn't want to talk to any adults at Social Services since his life is hell with my son. My son has the whole congregation and his brother the ministerial servant against this boy. Should I report the hair pulling to Social Services??

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes. And a doctor. Let a doctor see it. The doctor is ethically bound to follow up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit