what to do? Grandson being beaten by JW father

by slvrtrixter 48 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• mrbloo
    mrbloo

sorry to hear this.my daughter was in same position few years ago went to police but didn't workout please follow your local laws.in the end i had to sort things out with the help of a friend who took care of the 'problem' i then took custody of my daughter .its the kids who feel it the most and they should be our first concern,then you deal with whatever all the best to you and your granson

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

http://www.bacausa.com/

Bikers against child abuse. Maybe they could be of assistance. Chapters in US and Aus.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Scully's advice is best. Doctors are ethically driven to follow up on cases of abuse.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Scully's advice is best. Doctors are ethically driven to follow up on cases of abuse.

and so are teachers. Where are pesky busybodies when you need them?

I am really sorry for what you are going through. We had something similar happen with my granddaughter and her mother. We called repeatedly for help from Child Abuse, even when the little girl got bite by a water moccasin snake, playing in some weeds when she was two years old.

Ultimately, we got a lawyer and put the pressure on the mother, to where she gave full custody to my son. She is six, he has had her about a year and doing wonderfully.

Even with my ex, the visitation was monitored and closely scrutinized as he has a history of being abusive. I started denying visitation when my daughter visited him for summer holiday and they went camping. My ex and his new wife got into a knockdown fight at the campsite and the police had to come to the campsite, take the kids out and disperse them.

I told him to do something about it, I know its difficult but you gotta get tough, you know the abuse is going on, protect the child at all costs.

purps

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

You don't need a doctor to take pictures of the bruising, do you?

Take pictures and take them to the police and/or social worker and to a child advocacy commission.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You'd think, Madame Quixote, but it helps immensely to have an objective (professional) third party back you up.

My son was beat up by transit officers and then police. He put in a complaint. My daughter took pictures of the bruises, which was given to the investigating officer. There was no disciplinary action taken because my son could not honestly say which bruise came from a transit officer and which from the police. The investigating officer, however, developed a friendly rapport with my son. Go figure.

I also heard of a case where in-laws (illegally) entered the home of a custodial parent and took photographs of the dirty dishes and messy basement, in an attempt to bolster their case. Can you imagine how their "evidence" was viewed?

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I agree with taking action by contacting Childrens protective Agency or Children at Risk and the Childrens Aid Society.

all these organizations will help. Especially CAS. You can't allow this little guy to fall through the cracks action must be taken and asap.

his life may depend upon it...

with much concern

love.

Orangefatcat.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/136708/2436460/post.ashx#2436460

I know you are doing all you can, I thought you might like to read this article and maybe it will give you the courage to continue to do what needs to be done for your grandson.

purps

• snowbird
    snowbird

bttt

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

As far as legal advice if there is a law library near you often law students will go there to study and many times there are sort of unofficial legal advising groups that form around the law library that may be able to advise you on how to find some reasonably priced legal muscle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit