what to do? Grandson being beaten by JW father

by slvrtrixter 48 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DJK
    DJK
    Thanks. I was thinking if a 8 year old is mature enough to decide to be a JW why can't he decide not to be one. Can't he sue his dad or the congregation? I was trying to advocate for what a childs right to freedom of religion might be. Yes, we are reporting his abuse but it is not taken serious. I don't want my grandson to come back to his dads but how can you stop visitation with out breaking the law

Slv posted this on the 19th and has not posted since. Slv, I hope your lurking. We, like you, are concerned about your grandson so update us, please!

• outnfree
    outnfree

Well, call me suspicious, but something in slv's post confused me:

I have offered to babysit while they go door to door but they won't hear of it.

I am not in the same city as my son or grandson.

Are those two sentences a contradiction?

out

• brinjen
    brinjen

I agree with Scully & jgnat, the doctor is the best way to go.

• slvrtrixter
    slvrtrixter

My son has my grandson for the weekend. So I am very concerned. I have talked to my son over the phone about his physical discipline of spanking and how inappropriate this is. I mentioned how Jesus would not hit children. He did listen with out hanging up. I talked to him about not letting my grandson be alone in the congregation because of an alleged pedophile and how he lives with 34 convicted pedophiles in his neighbor hood. When I offer to babysit I must travel to my son's apartment since we live in different cities. My ex daughter-in-law wants to go back to the child custody mediator to change my son's visitation. There is no phone in my son's apartment (cell only) so my grandson can't call for help. I am going to call but it might not work because my son doesn't answer. My grandson's new step mom is worse than my son. I feel helpless. I have passed your suggestions on to my grandson's mom. Thanks

• rebel8
    rebel8

Can you get him his own cell phone, tell him to keep it silenced, charged up, and hidden at all times, so he could use it in case of emergency? You could program your phone # and 911 into the auto dials.

Did you visit that link posted about bikers? That sounds like a great organization.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

This must be a worry for you. There is a difference between 'parental control' and 'common assault'. Your grandson himself could make a complaint to the police and they would be obliged to take photos for evidence, surely.

rebel8's idea is good.

• sparrow
    sparrow

Does he understand what's going on? If so, I like rebel8's idea. Get him one with a camera and he can film/photo his own evidence?

• passive suicide
    passive suicide

Been there.as well as many of my friends.......Whats ironic is the boy will probably associate the dad with JW;'s in the future .and there's another reason to have NOTHing to do with that relig..........and they still say....."do not spare the rod"..........frikking moronic!

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Get him one with a camera and he can film/photo his own evidence?

Bad idea. An eight year old should not have to put himself in harm's way to defend himself or to gather evidence. That's for concerned adults to do.

The weekends your son has custody, can you travel down to visit?

• Mary
    Mary

I hate to sound suspicious, but this just doesn't make any sense. He's "offered to babysit" while they go out in Service, but in the next breath, he says he doesn't even live in the same city. Something's not adding up here.

I have offered to babysit while they go door to door but they won't hear of it. This last visit my grandson injured his shoulder while they held him down in the car seat. My ex daughter in law has filed police reports, reported to social services, nothing happens. She wants to file for full custody but must wait for a public lawyer. We are all poor to help out money wise. I have given her the cd for jw custody, handbook for jws and printed out medical directives. What more can I do? I am not in the same city as my son or grandson. I have only been invited to my son's place once. Please offer some advice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit