she left me today......

by theinfamousone 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock

I'm sorry, Brother.

When someone on the board hurts, we hurt.

Warlock

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Infamousone,

I think being a JW contributes to hiding and not letting everything out in our adult lives. While in the BORG and trying to get out you have to hide and once we are out it's hard not to feel like you need to hide everthing.

Be open and truthfull with her when you guys have your talk, make sure she understands that you are aware of this and that you are working on it, trying to not be the same!!! It's important to hear that from the other person, that they know what the problem is.

Good luck and I hope things work out!

nj

• free2think
    free2think

((((((((((((((((((TIO)))))))))))))))))))

I really don't know what to say, but I just wanted you to know if there's anything I can do or you wanna chat please pm me.

hugs

• unique1
    unique1

Since she is in fact coming over I suggest writing down all the things you didn't want to share with her and then hand her the note or relate them to her if you can. Honesty is the best policy.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Well there is a lesson in this isnt there. You at least REALIZE that you are withholding yourself from her and you can now discuss it with her. Do it OPENLY. Hell you might as well right? You dont want to lose her again becuase you clam up again? Make this the first test of your new self. Reaching out to trust somebody else and let them into your life.

She sounds like a willing soul honey...BUY SOME FLOWERS TOO!!

Loves

• BFD
    BFD

Sorry to hear about this TIO. I hope all works out for the best, whatever that might be. In the meanwhile, don't be too hard on yourself.

I found myself alone after a 17 year relationship and it was not easy at first. I was 37 years old and alone for the first time in my life. I remember the pain and confusion I felt so I know it's not easy at any age.

Hang in there, things will get better.

BFD

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Sorry about what's going on with your love life man. I have had a few real painful breakups over the course of my life time and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Okay, maybe Theo Jarcaz.

A buddy of mine just had his chick dump him and sell the house they had bought together. He told me that he found himself in a blur of confusion with a gun in his mouth and tears running down his face with an empty bottle of JD lying on the floor. All I can say is that I've found that nothing in life is permanent and they always have a way of getting better. But what the hell do I know, I haven't been divorced yet.

We are here for you.

GBL

• hubert
    hubert

I like Crumpets' suggestion...Give her a little time...I'd like to add to that....Then, send her some flowers, with a little apology card.

Best of luck to you.

Hubert

• delilah
    delilah

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Infamousone))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I'm glad to hear that she's coming home to talk. That's a start. Good luck.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

thanks guys,

again, your heartfelt (((((((hugs)))))))) and advice have really meant alot.. you guys have always been here to console me, and i appreciate it... in about an hour and fifteen minutes i will be seeing her and i think i am coming home to a big hug... but i have been wrong before and there are alot of things we both need to talk about... i am excited at the opportunity and am definitely willing to work at myself to make myself a better person, her happier and in the end, MYSELF HAPPY!! once all this is achieved, i think we will both be flying high... with her help, and her understanding, i will be ok!!!

and if shes not around, ill be fine... not happy, but ill survive... i always do!

the infamous one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit