YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

From gwyneth, 26 April 2007:

I keep a journal, and have about a dozen that date back to 1980 (I was 10 years old.)

When I am happy, I don't write in my journals. The longest period between entries is a year. When I'm unhappy, I write profusely. Sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. (1996 was a bumper year for journals--I think I have two. Conversely, I have been writing in my present journal since 2002--almost full.)

Thank you, gwyneth! I want you to be happy but I also want you to write ...

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL:

The weather has hit us pretty hard up in the mountains. I have power but many down the road haven't. A friend's answering machine collected messages (including mine) though she was without power for three days. Furnaces don't operate. A wood-burning stove is an absolute necessity for heating and cooking. Getting to work is difficult because of the snow and my dear JW friends are finding service a challenge.

How are you doing?

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL:

So, how are you doing? I'll keep asking until someone responds.

Many still are without power after four days. How have you managed under such circumstances in the past? Many of these homes are on wells - no electricity, no water. No wood stove, no heat.

I hope that all of you are all right.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

I still haven't heard from everyone. Telephone service continues interrupted for many. Some are snowed in.

Is it possible not to worry?

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL:

I love fall, the changing season, the crisp air, the colourful leaves, but it's also a sad time too, gardening is over for another season.

Have a good day all!

BB

I, too, miss autumn. Winter is an even sadder time. I miss my friends who used to visit and chat. Everyone is gone. No one stops by to say hello anymore.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Been reading some sa-a-a-a-ad threads . . . about other people being disfellowshipped.

Anyone here disfellowshipped besides me?

I rack my brain trying to turn that "shunning" stuff around into something more positive and uplifting.

Shunning sounds like --- like ---

Well, for someone who was co-dependent with the borg, for me to allow myself to get disfellowshipped and leave --- maybe --- just maybe my kids don't talk to me any more because my leaving the JWs has left them speechless!

I like it!

Any comments?

Love to all

ESTEE

Yes! Let's continue to be positive and let our light shine ... even if it leaves 'em SPEECHLESS!

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL:

I've had a mad weekend so far! Last week I defrosted my fridge/freezer as it was just about empty. On Friday, I went shopping after work and bought lots of frozen stuff - got home and the fridge/freezer was no longer functional! All my frozen food is currently in my sister's freezer and my chilled stuff is in a cool bag. I ordered a new unit this afternoon and they'll deliver tomorrow - a good idea as its my day off work and I won't be able to wander in to do things (as I often end up doing!) I'll have to wait in for the deliveryman. It's amusing that the shop's storage warehouse is literally the other side of the fence at the end of my garden but about a mile away by road!

This morning I helped at the hospital chapel, they need volunteers to collect patients from the wards for the service and then return them (hopefully to the correct wards!) afterwards. Two of the patients became unwell during the service so we were kept busier than usual.

I just ate lunch - an hour before it should be dinnertime and I'm sooo tired...

Hope everone else is having a more relaxing Sunday :-)

I loved this story, emo! Friends and family here are still without power and may lose what's in their fridges and freezers. It's been rough as many have no heat.

Thanks, Dear Friends, for the PMs. I realize you're not really so far away ...

Love,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good thread CoCo,

Life is way too short, life should always be about "seizing the moment" whether on paper, video, camera or just in our own minds and memories.

Sayings like take "time to smell the coffee or flowers" are great but we really should, we are here for one tiny blip on the radar screen and yet many of us never get it even when it is too late.

The older I get, I make it a point to slow down, whether it is eating, time with my wife, time with the kids and grandkids, looking at a sunset, a good joke or funny experience, whatever it is.

Slow down and enjoy, this wont last forever, at least as we know it.

Thanks for sharing Coco,

You're a dear friend, ABR!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi CoCo and anyone else reading!

Life has been non-stop between work and essays the past couple of months - I have another essay due in on Thursday - a book review about someone's commentary on Ecclesiastes. I've found the book quite eye-opening! The author says that the biggest misinterpretation of Ecclesiastes has been because scholars etc have tried to understand it in academic/theological terms - which leaves them trying to explain away a whole bunch of contradictions! This author says that it was NEVER intended to be interpreted - it was simply Ecclesiastes telling life like it is - absurd (as opposed to 'meaningless, vanity etc) - it doesn't make sense and yet we can still make the most of what we have and hope that it will balance eventually.

Refreshing insight or what?!

I enjoyed rereading the old record you found CoCo - my fridge/freezer is working well and staying frost-free. I'm currently taking a break from 'patient delivery' - I've just been too tired and run-down myself and it caught up with me.

I heard about the bad storms in your area on the news (the fact that it made the news here tells me its bad there) I hope the weather conditions ease very soon - is this a tropical storm/typhoon which has headed off-course or is it relatively normal to have some storms this time of year? Stay safe and try to keep warm too.

'shunning' = speechless - I love it!!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Wow CoCo ........Your thread looked lonely and in need of ......my WORDS !!!!!!

Last monday we were freezing here in Illinois . Single digit temps with below zero windchill five inches of fresh snow on the ground . One week later it is sixty degrees out and all the snow has melted causing incredible fog and Tornado /thunderstorm watches are in effect !

I was jealous seeing all the people out taking walks ,so when I got home from work I got the dog and bills/letters that needed mailing and took off walking for downtown to mail them . It feels so strange to have humid weather in January .

Along my walk I have to pass by several homes of my former witness friends . Here I should have been enjoying the fresh air instead I started feeling anxious and upset as I passed by thier homes . Along my street there are six JW families I have to pass. As I came upon the second home I noticed my neices husband out talking w/another JW and saddness overwhelmed me . This young man and his wife ,my neice, use to be so close to us .....they were at our home for dinner all the time and I really think the world of them . If I call she will still talk to me , but I am so tired of one sided relationships that I have backed off waiting to see if I ever hear from them ......been waitng along time . The next home the JW woman was seeing someone out and I could feel her stare go through me ....she has never spoken to me since i quit going to meetings just stares .Creeps me out . Finally I turn the corner and no more JW's ...until I stop to pay my insurance bill and the secretary is another old Friend ...ugh .

On my way home I begin to imagine what it would be like to MOVE .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit