YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear emo and TM,

Thanx for your welcome replies to a thread on winter reruns!

More later re: your comments.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL:

Hi emo (comments below from her earlier post):

I heard about the bad storms in your area on the news (the fact that it made the news here tells me its bad there) I hope the weather conditions ease very soon - is this a tropical storm/typhoon which has headed off-course or is it relatively normal to have some storms this time of year? Stay safe and try to keep warm too.

I made it to town for lunch with family and friends today, but it was spitting snow (2500 ft.) and really snowing just a little higher up. High School closed early and sent kids home. A friend in the valley (Sacramento) said that fences are down everywhere. The newscaster on NPR stated that more damage can come tonight from rain and winds in the 40 mile per hour range. This is typical of storms of times past - heavy rain, with periods of high winds, for days and days. Northern California, our particular area boasting one of the largest water districts in the world, provides tons of water through rain and melting snow for millions. We can receive 50 - 90 inches a year. We do get "tropical" (warm) storms but this one is not warm!

Thanks for commenting, emo; your concern is appreciated. Interesting about Ecclesiastes. Get some rest.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL:

Hi Troubled Mind (from an earlier post),

I noticed my neices husband out talking w/another JW and saddness overwhelmed me . This young man and his wife ,my neice, use to be so close to us .....they were at our home for dinner all the time and I really think the world of them . If I call she will still talk to me , but I am so tired of one sided relationships that I have backed off waiting to see if I ever hear from them ......been waitng along time

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

Growing apart, in ordinary circumstances, is one thing. It happens. But among true-believer JWs vs. faders, the DAed and DFed, it's religiously motivated. I hope the sadness is not too much for you to bear. It certainly doesn't help that you're reminded of the loss by seeing them so regularly. Keep doing good, no matter the response, and you'll be rewarded.

Thanks for visiting this lonely thread - I have refused to give up. And along came you and emo!

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL:

From bluebell, 31 May 2007:

I ripped up all my diaries when i left the dubs - i really regret it now. i had documented all the elders meetings and what they weren't doing about my abuse and how i felt. at the time it was very cleansing to rip it all up and bin it and say that was my life now it isn't. i want them back! **************************************************************************************************************** Save those notes! Now I understand why I wasn't permitted to take notes during my grilling for alleged apostasy. The elders cannot stop one from recording the proceedings after escaping the Star Chamber (when the words are still fresh in one's mind). CC

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yaaaaay! This is a great thread to just "be yourself" and know that others care. I feel people here really do care.

Love to all,

ESTEE

Yes they do, ESTEE!

CoCo

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Well I've always regretted not keeping a journal. I wish I had kept one during my marriage. The advice I got from the elders, how they ignored the real issues and refused to do anything that might actually help me. I also wish that I had kept a journal when dealing with my daughter's drug addiction, her stint in rehab and subsequent recovery.

I am glad for this board because it has allowed me to let things out a little at a time and not feel so overwhelmed. Or judged, I just feel accepted for who I am and appreciated for my contributions as well. Plus the benefit of unconditional love and support from others has been amazing, appreciated and needed.

I am so glad to be part of such a caring, loving community. I have been so fortunate to meet some great vpeople here both on the board and in person. I hope to meet many more face to face.

I've been a little down since Christmas, I miss my fellow apostates that visited me. I also real;ize that it's time to wrestle the demons from my past that I merely hid from while in the cult. Bring everything out into the light, deal with it let go, move on and be happy. It's easier said than done and I expect to have some "down" days. I'll make it though and be the better for it.

Thank you all.

~ Robin

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I did try once but I got bored - journal keeping requires discipline

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear A&W,

It's so good to have you here:

I am glad for this board because it has allowed me to let things out a little at a time and not feel so overwhelmed. Or judged, I just feel accepted for who I am and appreciated for my contributions as well. Plus the benefit of unconditional love and support from others has been amazing, appreciated and needed.

I am so glad to be part of such a caring, loving community. I have been so fortunate to meet some great vpeople here ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been home almost every day since the big storm hit on Friday - the trickle-down effect: can't get to all jobs/community cleans up damage/no money to retain me/etc. The free time gets put to good use, but since getting off the WT dread-treadmill, it's hard adjusting to a whole new way of thinking and acting.

Don't give up, Robin! We're all in this together. Keep a journal, as of now, and return here as often as you like.

Love,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Stilla,

I don't know if it required discipline, but you've been here twice recently.

Maybe you could tell us what brand of coffee you drink, or ...

Thanks for sharing!

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

It's just gone midnight.

I'm putting the finishing touches to my essay.

Time for a cuppa tea, the sugar plus mild caffeine fix will keep me awake a bit longer but not all night!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit