Jon passed away this morning

by jonjonsimons 102 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Kevin,

I'm hoping you'll find a little bit of peace in the next days. Just remember that we are all thinking of you, and Jon.

Lisa

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

• blondie
    blondie

Kevin, Jon was blessed with a special friend like you.

Blondie

• somebody
    somebody

Kevin,

Please accept my deepest sympathy for the loss of your partner. I, right along with others here, will miss his wonderful humor. He gave us all so many smiles and laughs. He'll be remembered by many of us. You are fortunate to have known him in person, and may time ease the pain of losing your loved one.

peace,
    somebody

• Tinkywinky
    Tinkywinky

Hi ,
    just wanted to add my name to the list of people saddend by this news.

I am very sorry for your loss.

And I wish you peace,and a heart that heals with time.

Love Sharla

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Kev, you have my deepest condolances on Jon's passing. He will be missed.

--Michael

"Any day spent NOT knocking on doors is a good day!"

• kevin221
    kevin221

Hello again to all,

I wanted to thank each of you for sharing your thoughts of Jon with me. Yesterday I was stunned and blinded and I went into chat here and found comfort. I don't think I can explain how much those of you I spoke with last night helped me. Jon was my love and my heart for 8 years and I'm not sure what will happen next. My faith in God is strong and even though I know he wouldn't agree I went to church today and lit several candles for him.

Right now I'm seriously pissed because Jon's dad called me tonight. Someone at the hospital called him and told him what happened, and he wanted to know what funeral home Jon was at. I would not tell him. Our lawyer, who is a good friend of both of ours advised me that his father can't do anything legally but he is still theatening to try and take Jons body back with him. He doesn't know yet that Jon was cremated this afternoon. Tomorrow I will pick up his remains and per his wishes I will scatter part of his ashes at his mothers grave, and part at his friend Pauls grave. I want to thank all of you who have posted here to let me know that Jon meant something to you. He always had a great spirit, and right now I choose to believe he has become a great spirit.

Jon left me a letter that I found today in our safety deposit box. There was also a letter to Jon from his friend Paul that I didn't know about. Did he happen to mention it to anyone. If it was told to you in confidence that is ok, but I don't want to read it if it's not something I should read. I can't read Jons letter to me yet, but when I can I will try and share it with you all if it's appropriate.

I have felt the love from this website and I want you all to know what it means to me. Jon spoke of several of you so many times, and I just thought how silly to get involved with people over the internet. I was so wrong. You have brought him comfort and joy over the last few months and I can't thank you all enough for that. There are some of you that I would like to address personally now if that is appropriate.

Bea,
    Your email touched my soul. Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. Jon told me about you and I thought my God, she's so young to have to deal with all this. If you need my help, or advice from an older friend please email me and let me know. I'm keeping Jons email open because it makes me feel like he is close to me. I know that sounds stupid, but I can't help it.

Tina,
    I don't know if you knew that Jon was serious about the Mae West hat. I would like to send it to you. Please email me at Jons addy, i was kind of in a mood this morning and I deleted all of his email. Please send me your address if you are comfortable with that and I promise I will send it to you as soon as I can deal with looking at it. He spoke of you often and always with great admiration. I read the emails you sent to him over the last months and I thank you for being his friend and confidant.

Anastasia/Ana/ladonna,
    When Jon first told me he had a cyber friend who was an opera singer I thought, sure you do. Then he made me listen. You have the voice of an angel, and the heart of one as well. I read the last email you sent to Jon and I thank you for being a good enough friend to have sent it. It was something we both needed to hear. I never thought he would die. I thought he would beat the cancer again but I now know that I don't know everything anymore. Your words last night in chat helped more than you will ever know.

Prisca,
    When Jon first started posting on this board he told me about a lady he had met from down under who looked just like Sandra Bullock. He was a little naive. When he realized that wasn't really you he was kind of embarrassed but still it was funny as hell. Jon felt an instant connection with you, and now that I have read your words to him from his first post, I know why. Thank you so very much for being his friend.

Dave,
    Jon thought you were the absolute bomb. He told me jokingly several times if you were not straight that I would have had some serious competition. Please take that as a compliment, because that is how he meant it. He considered you a friend, and that is not something he took lightly. When i get thru all of Jons things I would like to send you the rough draft of his novel. He told me you had spoken of it with him and I think he would want you to have it. Please let me know if that is ok with you.

JanH,
    Thank you for emailing me the transcript of the chat room. Please know that I appreciate it tremendously.

As my love would say if he were still able, peace and love to you and yours,
    Kevin

• Tina
    Tina

Dearest Kevin,
    I don't know what to say...I will treasure the hat and put it in a place of honor,where it can be admired,as I treasure and honor the memory of dear Jon.My heart is with you. I'm sending the email now.I'm including my ph#.And when you feel ready and want an ear,I will be there for you.I can never use the nn TinaWest again.That was special between jon and I.Sending you vibes of strength,courage and love.
    Jon has left a little bit of his 'spirit' with each one of us that he touched.With his wicked humor,his grace under stress,his courage and dignity in illness ,his warmth and love. We are fortunate that he chose to spend time with us here.And that we had the opportunity and privilege to know him.He has indeed left his mark on our hearts.
    Kevin,our hearts are with you now.In your grief and pain.You are indeed a very special person ,Jon told us this. We thank you for sharing Jon with us.We were given a small portion of the wonderful life you both shared.
    My heartfelt love again,Tina

'Boycott Shampoo! Demand the real Poo!

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

(((Kevin))),

Thank you so much for sharing yourself and Jon with us , especially in the last few days. My heart goes out to you in your pain and grief and I hope that you will continue to come here and use us as support...many of us loved Jon and will miss him greatly. I didn't get a chance to get to know him as well as I would have liked, but I was touched by him nonetheless. His humor, his gentleness and warmth, and, most of all, his compassion and empathy for others...

I like what you said about Jon becoming a great spirit...that is how I choose to view him as well...

Love,
    Dana

"...I'd walk with my people if I could find them..."

Third Eye Blind, Deep Inside of You

• ladonna
    ladonna

Dear Kevin,

Thankyou for your kind words in your hour of need. I can see so easily why Jon loved you so much.
    I believe in an afterlife and I think that right now Jon would be looking down on you with a heart full of love and pride.
    I can picture him laughing and smiling; free from pain; urging you to go on and live your life.

I will never forget Jon. He infected my life with a lovely warmth that many strive for and few acheive. No wonder you love him.
    Jon is not or ever will be a man that is easily forgotten.

Please come back to chat whenever you want.....I will always chat with you. You also are a soft gentle soul. And it shines even now. Jon was a lucky man too.

Love,
    Ana~Ladonna

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit