Jon passed away this morning

by jonjonsimons 102 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

Kevin,

Jon was a good man and cracked me up all the time. Yes, he told me about the "if you weren't straight" thing and I did take it as a complement. He knew it cracked me up. Jon and I did talk about his novel and his desire to write a screen play. I would be honored to have it Kevin.

Jon was very special and words on a discussion board cannot begin to explain the kindness he had for other people. I could say more but I have a hard time dealing with death. I am not one who express himself well at times like this.

Thank you so much for posting here Kevin, it means a lot to many people here.

Dave

• JBean
    JBean

Hello Kevin,

I'm one of the new ones here and didn't really know Jon at all... but from reading through all the comments, he was obviously a wonderful person and you were fortunate to have him in your life. I appreciate the fact that he had a great sense of humor... so if he does indeed contact you through John Edwards... please let us know!!! (It would definitely solidify my beliefs!) : ) My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. Please visit often.
    -- JBean

• Mickey67214
    Mickey67214

With in the last week, My soon to be housband has cept me up on John and what has happened with him. It whas shocking to me and him both. I do whant to sent Both my love and regards to Kevin. I do wish you, Kevin, the best of luck with everything. With all that I have heard. It has seemed Like I have known him for years. I wish everyone the best of luck with all of this. Jess

• kevin221
    kevin221

Thank you again to everyone here. I wanted to let you know that I followed Jons last wish today and spread some of his ashes at his mothers grave and some at Pauls grave. I am sitting here typing this looking at the urn that holds the remainder of his ashes. I had to save part of him for me alone. I can see him still in the house and I can hear his voice, and I can still smell him in our bed. I am so grateful we were able to spend last weekend together before he went back to the hospital. It's as if I still have a part of him here with me and that makes me so very happy. I thank God for giving me Jon even if for just a short 8 years. He was such a happy person and I am glad he shared some of his charm and wit with you. I spent several hours today going thru the posts I could find that he made, and it made my heart glad. That whole group of posts about Prisca and Dave and Tina and Riz with the plane trip and squirell nut stuffing made me laugh so hard I just about wet myself. I really needed that today and I'm glad I found it here.

Tina you saved my life last night. I know that sounds dramatic but you calmed me down and made me realize that yes this sucks but it will get better. I am trying hard to concentrate on all of the wonderful memories that are mine alone. I will reply to your email soon but I need to take some time to chill. I hope you understand. I am having several friends over tommorow afternoon and we are going to get Patsy and Edina drunk and laugh and cry for my love. He would love that, and is probably pissed as hell that we are going to have a party without him. Please accept my love and thoughts of joy in your direction.

Take care,
    Kevin

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((((((((kev))))))))))))))
    That is an excellent idea darling!! Please raise a glass to jon from me,al la Patsy(liquid lunch) luv and hugs.Tina

'Boycott Shampoo! Demand the real Poo!

• Double Dee
    Double Dee

Kevin,

My thoughts are with you. Loyal ones like you are what give me hope in life.....

Hugs.......thoughts......prayers.......

Love,
    Dee

• mustang
    mustang

I missed this one earlier & posted to your 'how 2 dealw/ these people' leter.

I remember JJS; he was in several chat sessions I was in and I believe we exchanged hellos a few times. It brought tears to my eyes to hear of someone 'in the community' passing away.

My deepest condolences go to you.

Mustang

• kevin221
    kevin221

I can't believe it's been a month since my love passed away. I wanted to let you all know that the love and support I have received from so many of you has meant more to me than you will ever know. I am so sorry that I have not responded to many of you, for that I truly apologize.

I need to take some time now for myself to heal a little if that is possible. I want you all to know that Jon thought the world of so many of you and I again want to thank you for the joy you brought into his life. Joy is such an awesome gift.

Please take care and know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I will check in from time to time and for those of you that have my email please feel free to contact me if you wish. I promise I will do better at responding.

Take care,
    Kevin

• think41self
    think41self

Dear Kevin,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you're coping as well as you are. I hope you got Jon's dad off your back and out of your life once and for all!

And don't worry about not responding to everyone right away. No one expects you to be sitting at the computer when you are dealing with so much and trying to put your life back together. Go out and enjoy whatever small pleasures you can. Come back and visit us whenever you can, we'd like to keep up with how you're doing.

Best Wishes, Tracy

• somebody
    somebody

Kevin,

Thank you for visiting us for the time that you have, and thank you for sharing JonJon with us all.

I hope that time heals the pain of your loss, but that time never fades your memories of JonJon.

peace to you my friend,
    somebody

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit