Did the heavenly calling cease in 1935? Not anymore!

by AnnOMaly 288 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quandary
    Quandary

Doubting Bro:

Excellent summary of very probable scenarios over the next few years.

As for your #4 point about FDS=GB, I think most of the rank and file already have been conditioned to believe this. How many times don't the elders and C.O.s say in their talks..'the faithful slave tells us...blah, blah, blah?' In essence they mean the Teaching Committee of the GB.

I am so disgusted with this latest revelation. How they can just slip into a QFR article such a major doctrinal change without admitting they were WRONG all along is so indicative of their utter unethical arrogance!

I am sooooo "outa here"!

Q

• heathen
    heathen

OnTheWayOut --- You seriously think that alot of people would want a free ticket to NY? I'm just talking the ones from last year or potentially this year that actually show up to the memorial and eat and drink . I find it hard to believe that they actually claim being anointed gives no special ability in the prophesy department .Then why did they claim they Gods spokesmen?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I haven't read the whole thread, and so it probably has been discussed, but I wondered a bit at two points: The reference to some of the 144,000 being spiritually weak and not being appointed to elders or minsterial servants. How can you be a co-heir with Christ, anointed by God and be called to rule the Earth and administer the benefits of the Ransom, if you are spiritually weak and not worthy of being appointed a ministerial servant? The other point was that there is nothing special with the 144,000 in terms of being regarded as leaders or anything like that - then why is the governing body's words regarded as having equal importance as the Bible when it comes to organizational matters etc.?

At first glance this seems like an article or like a change of teaching, which in fact solves quite a few problems - but which opens up for even more speculations and problems than the ones it was meant to solve ...............

• M.J.
    M.J.

If the heavenly calling is not tied to a specific time frame, then the earthly hope isn't either.

If the heavenly calling could still be open, then it wasn't necessary to complete the 144,000 number before opening the earthly hope.

Theoretically now, many Bible Students could have been in the GC before 1932, but weren't aware of it.

In contrast to this new decoupling of "hope" and time frame, the determination of one's calling throughout JW history has been strongly time-frame oriented.

There are lots of interesting implications here.

• sir82
    sir82
    At first glance this seems like an article or like a change of teaching, which in fact solves quite a few problems - but which opens up for even more speculations and problems than the ones it was meant to solve

Exactly so!

It's like these guys just hurry up & scribble down the first idea that pops into their heads - no peer review, no thoughts on consequences or repercussions, nothing.

• jeshurun
    jeshurun

I want you to understand this mystery, brethren: a hardening has come upon part of Israel, until the full number of the Gentiles come in (Ro 11:25) The hardening of Israel has not yet ended, so we still live in the Church age. The full number of Gentile Christians has not yet come in

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut --- You seriously think that alot of people would want a free ticket to NY?

Yes. A great privilege to gather with other anointed ones and tell them what
    Jehovah has helped you to see. Also, the privilege to stand at Mecca and eat
    quickly with the Bethelites. You have to look at this from a believer's point of view.

Besides, it would be much more fun to travel to Hawaii and Venice, London and Paris,
    Sydney and Hong Kong, etc. etc. and spend the money on travel. It would be a great
    privilege for the faithful at Bethel to go out and do this. They will be allowed to sightsee
    as they visit these congregations, giving the exact same talk at each (with interpreters
    as necessary). This would pump up the other sheep who were privileged to receive them.
    This would be such a great blessing. Drones would be distracted by this worldwide
    "tour" of theirs.

NOW THAT I SUGGESTED IT, THE BETHEL LURKERS WILL ANNOUNCE IT.

• AGuest
    AGuest

If I may... and may you all have peace!

1. There is no set number for those who are anointed (chosen) by holy spirit. There are 144,000 chosen first from among the sons of Israel (excluding the tribe of Dan), in fulfillment of the promise to Abraham, then there is a great crowd chosen from among "every" nation, tribe, people and tongue, and then ALL of Israel that was not among these first two groups (as someone kindly pointed out above). Thus, the latter two make up a group that "no man can number."

2. Christ was "chosen" by holy spirit first. Then, he began a choosing from among Israel, from the Jews/2-tribe kingdom of Judah-Benjamin AND the Samaritans/10-tribe kingdom of Israel (remaining tribes). This choosing started at Pentecost 30 CE (not 33 CE!!), and then began among "every" nation, tribe, people and tongue. All three continue today.

3. The Jews (of which there are 24,000 chosen - 12,000 from Judah; 12,000 from Benjamin - Revelation 7:5, 8) are the "little flock". The Samaritans (the other 120,000 chosen from among the sons of Israel), as well as persons from every nation, tribe, people and tongue, and remaining ones of Israel who are not among the 144,000... are the "other sheep." Together, these ALL make up "one flock."

4. It is the entire flock, the 144,000 AND the great crowd, that John see's in Revelation Chapter 7. He sees those chosen from Israel, Jews and Samaritans, first, then the great crowd of those chosen from among every nation, tribe, people and tongue. BOTH groups are "standing before the throne of God" RENDERING SACRED SERVICE IN HIS TEMPLE. Since only priests can render sacred service, and since they are chosen from among every nation, tribe, people and tongue... these are priests... and kings... along with the 144,000. Revelation 5:9, 10.

5. Because the "Door" (Christ) to the Ark (of the NEW Covenant) has not yet been shut, the full number of the nations has not yet "come in." It continues and will continue until the Most Holy One of Israel Himself, JAH of Armies, "shuts"... the Door. Right now, though, Christ... is the "way" in. John 14:6. Thus, NO man can put a date on when the "calling and choosing" ends, nor on the number... which the False Prophet that is the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of Jehovah's Witnesses, etc., etc., etc., which false prophet calls itself the "Truth," in direct opposition to the One who IS the Truth (John 14:6), has attempted to do. But it and its false prophesies will come to nothing.

6. The anointed indeed "not special," at least not in this life. And they know this. Indeed, they know that in this life, they are, in fact, the LEAST of all mankind... servants... to the Household of God, Israel, and to ALL. If they truly follow the Christ, to the extent they can do so they "empty themselves out and take a slave's form" in service to every other human being, including their enemies. Particularly their enemies. Matthew 5:44, 45.

Some, however, consider this profession of servitude as a declaration of "specialness." This is regretable, as perhaps they miss the point: there is no shame in serving others, and certainly not in serving God and Christ, nor in professing such service. Unfortunately, we live in a time where slavery is considered anathema, the very word itself considered foul because of earthling man's history with slavery. This is not the same slavery as that spoken of and intended by God and Christ, however: there, slavery is simply a voluntary dedication, based on love of the individual(s) served.

Some might argue, "Why use the word "slavery"? It's such a "bad" word." As an African American woman, I think I am in a position to answer that this is not actually accurate: the word can be used to denote both voluntary and involuntary servitude. And contrary to the belief of some, servitude does not always need to be paid for: it can be givien freely, without thought of restitution or compensation. Parents serve without pay. Spouses serve without pay. Children serve without pay. Relatives and friends serve without pay. And there is no dishonor in doing so.It is we, earthling man, however, who have made it a "bad" word entirely, by our abuse of the purpose: service to another/others.

But the word has both an honorable and a dishonorable definition and there should be no shame in using it if the intention is honorable (indeed, how often do we use completely dishonorable words, words we KNOW were intended to denote dishonor, in an honorable context? I give you the word "shit," which certainly has dishonorable roots but is used today to even give commendation - "That's some good shit, you've got there!")

Rather than turning a good intention inside out (and those who do so really need to examine themselves as to why that is), we should endeavor to research words and their origins in more depth, as well as apply the principal of love that we so often preach but fail to live up to... and give the benefit of the doubt to the offeror of a word that no offense is intended unless it is made clear that it is.

I bid you peace!

Servant to the Household of God, Israel, and a slave of Christ to time indefinite,

SJ

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I was baptized in 1967 to whom it may concern: Danny Haszard is of the anointed and will accept a suite at Watchtower world headquarters and begin writing the watchtower

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Here is how they "CYA". They are expert at using "LOOPHOLE WORDS". I picked out the following loophole words from what has been mentioned on this forum in reference to 1931 - 1935, 1966 and the may QFR article.

An adjusted understanding.

Apparently

About

Evidently

Indicated

Indication

It became clear

It seems

It was believed

It was understood

Seemed to be confirmed

The thought was

Thus it appears

The evidence

Virtually

Without a doubt.

Can you add any other loophole cya words.

Now, all these loophole words are used to explain that the door to the heavenly calling is still open. How can we seriously believe anything the Watchtower says when they themselves are unsure themselves as the very words they use to explain things demonstrates this.

Blueblades

WOW classic MEALY MOUTHING

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit