Did the heavenly calling cease in 1935? Not anymore!

by AnnOMaly 288 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lawrence
    lawrence

Danny-

From one partaker to another - I appoint you over the writing committee - go write! Shame on me, you've been busy writing for quite a while... go for it!

• heathen
    heathen

Theoretically now, many Bible Students could have been in the GC before 1932, but weren't aware of it.

My belief is that women are not included with the 144k so were always great crowd prospects should the end happen at a given time . The 144k are men that live as eunichs are spiritually chaste and spend all their time preaching and converting others until they are killed by the ax . They also comprise the first resurrection of which the second death has no authority.

I don't agree with( Aguest) , the 144k consist of all nationalities since the fold of other sheep are the gentiles that were allowed in the new covenant and not the great crowd. Just read the apostle Paul writings it's obvious he included gentiles as co-rulers and a holy nation.

OnTheWayOut --- I would think they would need to get together first and discuss what the message is going to be before sending them to the congregations to create some hype and excitement .

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

So what's the consensus? Is this change as big as the "generation" change, about the same, or nowhere near as big?

Inquiring minds want to know! (As an old poster used to say)

Slim

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut --- I would think they would need to get together first and discuss what the message
    is going to be before sending them to the congregations to create some hype and excitement .

Yes, they would have some canned information for the congs. This would be the "We are gathering
    information" tour, reasons for gathering information from the remnant are..... (agreed upon list)...
    "It is our aim to discover ....... By contacting the remnant, your GB will be more in tune with the needs.....
    These are the things we know and would like to share with you, before our fact-finding mission....."

They could interview the partakers, ask for their input, give them a very short pep talk, then either
    use their input and put it to the two-thirds vote, or just circular file their input to decide on their own
    what the remnant feels is Jehovah's directions. The actual policies would come out in print, as usual.

Are they going to do it? NO, I don't think so, but my point all along is this- There were plenty of ways
    to make the remnant feel special, to make the rank and file think they care, to not be such control- freaks.
    They chose to be control-freaks, saying remnant is nothing special, only following your GB is the right
    thing to do.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So what's the consensus? Is this change as big as the "generation" change, about the same, or nowhere near as big?

Inquiring minds want to know! (As an old poster used to say )

Slim

We are all over the map on that question. I think that the general consensus is that this is going to be
    useful for the GB to make some big changes as far as partakers and new GB members go.
    I think that JWD recognizes that it is a huge announcement, admitting that remnant are not that important
    or special, and they could be continuing to gather them after 1935.

I think that JWD recognizes that the average rank and file will not see the importance of this QFR.
    I think, personally, that it is not nearly as big as the "generation" change, but it's pretty big.

• zack
    zack

A Guest:

Thanks for your thoughts. I was an elder many years and could never explain how the great crowd rendered sacred service in the temple, yet were not "really in the temple".

The Bible Students taught that the hope of a christian was to be with Christ. How can the hope of a christian be otherwise? Rutherford changed this by introducing the

"class" struture of Jonadabs, etc.... who didn't want to be with Christ but didn't want to die, either. He CHANGED the Biblical teaching to CONFORM to the needs of those

who were simultaneously buying and peddling the literature he was printing and which made his lifestyle possible. It was his doing, his brilliant flash of light, and later by

cutting away not only the "heavenly hope" but changing the name of the religion to Jehovah's Witnessess, he offically disconnected the corporation he had seized from Russell's

real heirs, thus pushing out the remaining vestiges of Russellism.

Religion is a snare and racket---- and Rutherford was the Racketeer Without Peer.

The average dub won't get the change, doesn't care about the change, is too lazy to THINK about the change, will along with any change.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

Amen and amen! All that you have stated is true, excepting the reference to "Russell's heirs." On that subject, Charles Taze Russell was not a member of the Body of Christ. His wife, Maria, however, was our brother in Christ, and it was the information given her by the Spirit that Mr. Russell and his partners exploited. When Mrs. Russell made known to them the error of using the "free gift" in the manner they were, they "removed" her... from the corporation first, then from the congregation. Because many followed Russell, however, instead of the Lamb, men like Rutherford were able to come in after and exploit even further. Those that saw through Rutherford, but still tried to follow Russell fell by the wayside. Why? Again, because they were following man... instead of the Lamb, wherever HE went.

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the Most Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isacc and Jacob, whose name is JAH of Armies, and the peace of His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, be upon you, if you so wish it!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• Farkel
    Farkel

I've read this thread with much curiosity and have learned a lot.

No one has yet to mention the obvious: the WTS is built upon it's own Caste system: annointed are in the New Covenant and the other sheep ('jonadabs' or or in reality, 'dirtbags') are not. The annointed get the Holy Spirits. The other sheep only get Holy Spirit if they are close to the higher Caste, and lucky, and maybe touch their holy spirit filled clothes or person at the right time. Or they can get the Holy Spirit(s) at the local neighborhood bar, which many of them choose to do, since they don't know when it is best to touch the clothes of the annointed and get a jolt of Holy Spirit when God gives those annointed the Holy Spirit. What they haven't figured out, is that God doesn't give ANY of those elitist, Caste System-promoting Cultists any Holy Spirit. If he did, they wouldn't screw up ALL the time.

Those who choose the neighborhood bars (and there are a BUNCH of them) get their enlightenment via Ethyl alcohol. It's a Bethel thing and a big thing in the 80,000 congregations throughout the world. It wouldn't be a thing though, if those souls would not be relegated to "pond scum" status by their religious leaders who consider themselves demi-Gods.

I find it very difficult to believe that the WTS can shit on its own members for whom it needs for financial and logistical support and the shitees just keep taking that abuse and feeling guilty for it.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

Shelby!

May you have all the Grace that God gives! And leave a little left over from that Grace for me!

Smoooooches and hugs to you, my very special wacko friend!

Farkel, of the 134.6 class: hell bound!

Call me or PM me or something.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Inquiring minds want to know! (As an old poster used to say)

Slim

None of the 6,893,968,942 people on the face of the earth who are neither active JWs nor ex-JWs care.

The WTS should be prosecuted if only for killing the poor innocent trees used to print this irrelevant crap. I just can't believe how much life we all gave to them. I'm beginning to understand Danny's anger a little better every day that passes. They're a bunch of arrogant a**es.

Hey, I'm a poet and didn't know it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit