CHANGE IN RESURRECTION DOCTRINE?

by Mary 70 Replies latest jw friends

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    The number never seems to fade out. There are about as many partakers at Memorial now as 20 years back. I think they just need to find a way to adjust the 1935 'sealing' date, as this is the one that is going to give them trouble soon.

It should be kept in mind that the GB has little respect for these 8K partakers. In the opinion of the GB most of them are not anointed. They are viewed as young, immature individuals stuck on the heavenly hope from their days in Christendom. Thye GB is probably trying to run away from the generation, 1914, 1035, great crowd, sealing and God's prophet teachings. Little do they know...these semantic tricks will just make them look even more foolish.

tsof

• Mr. Kim
  • restrangled
    restrangled

HEY SPECIAL BOYS IN BROOKLYN, DO YOU THINK THE ENTIRE WORLD IS STUPID ENOUGH TO BUY INTO YOUR "IT MAY BE SO" CRAP?

WAKE UP...YOU AREN'T FREE TO MAKE THESE SWEEPING ASSUMPTIONS, GUESSES, OR STATEMENTS ANYMORE~

R.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I would love to hear the comments on this Watchtower study. Everyone pretending to understand what on earth they are talking about and stating how "deep" the study was. It is deep all right-deep horse manure.

But I have to admit, it provided some comic relief. I was very entertained. I think they are slowly backing away from doctrines as usual. That is when they always become so vague and actually sound like sheer gibberish.

I think they are also afraid to state anything as absolute. Always looking to leave a door open to run through. By the way, since when has the annointed been dying off of the earth? The number has been barely fading in the past 20 years. And there are all these newly annointed ones, lately.

Thanks for posting that, Mary. I don't get the mags anymore. But I have family to try and help out.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Haven't you listened?

I don't know how these muppets have got the cheek to say they're inspired

They don't claim to be inspired, they are directed by holy shit .... I mean spirit.

Ken P.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Oh Gawd!!!! Mary, mary, quite contrary ... this is hilarious!!! I was spitting coffee all over my PC as I read your post. I loved your intervening lined out notes. So true ... and to think that the Society used to preach that the first resurrection began in 1878, just after Jesus returned in 1874! Rutherford even argued at late as 1929 in the book, Prophecy, that Jesus return 1874 was proven beyond doubt. Then, with the stroke of a pen, the Society moves these dates to 1914 for Jesus return and 1918 for the start of the Resurrection. Now the Society is actually trying to argue what the 24-Elders are doing in heaven! My Gawd!!!! Every time I thinik I have read it all, someone finds something new ... thanks for making my day.

Jim Whitney

• Mary
    Mary
    I loved your intervening lined out notes.

I jes figured I better insert some comic relief just so people would read the thread it was so damn boring. I remember last time we studied the Revelation Climax book, I asked outright how the 24 elders can be the 144,000 when they're (supposedly) communicating with the annointed here on earth. What are they doing? Talking to themselves? After some indignant looks, Sister Borgette stated that the 24 elders "represented the 144,000 in it's completed state". I then asked "...but if the number isn't 'completed yet', then how can the 24 elders even exist? The answer? "Let's move on to the next paragraph".

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Garybuss said: The only other group who might have been identified as people who would never die, is the baby born in 1935 to Witness parents and was protected under family merit until puberty and at puberty the 1935 baby gets baptized and is still an active Jehovah's Witness. That baby is 71 years old in 2006. The great crowd of babies is really stretching this doctrine and their Biblical lifetime is running out. The people identified in 1935 couldn't have been "great crowd" because they died and are still dying. Time's almost run out on that prophecy.

Mary commented;

But----they've never put an age limit on "the great crowd" the way they have the 'annointed'.

While you are technically correct, Mary, Garybuss makes a point. They asked us to hitch our wagons to the belief that "millions now living will never die," changing later to "MAY never die." Sure, the younger among us feel part of the Great Crowd, but so do the older ones. They were sold that load, and they want it. How many of us would have joined if we were told, "Sometime, perhaps 100 years or more from now, faithful JW's will enter into Paradise without ever facing death." ? NO, they sold us on "right around the corner, YOU will enter Paradise without ever facing death."

Time is running out for the oldest JW's. Eventually, the younger ones will face the same demise. Better brace them a little at a time for the inevitable Great Delay of Tribulation. But tell them to keep announcing it, RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER.

• Mary
    Mary
    While you are technically correct, Mary, Garybuss makes a point. They asked us to hitch our wagons to the belief that "millions now living will never die," changing later to "MAY never die." Eventually, the younger ones will face the same demise. Better brace them a little at a time for the inevitable Great Delay of Tribulation. But tell them to keep announcing it, RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER.

Gotcha.......it makes me wonder how many more "generations" are going to believe this bullshit before the entire thing collapses........

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I asked outright

Mary,

This was a major awakening for me. How dare anyone raise a QUESTION about what we are learning at any of the 5 meetings, especially a SISTER (all gasp outloud). You had your chance to question anything you wanted before you got baptized. Now you must submit your questions to WTS Questions from Readers, provide your name and congregation, allow us to answer you or DF you, whichever works best. Shame on you, Mary, for frustrating the brother in charge and possibly stumbling a whole room full of the faithful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit