CHANGE IN RESURRECTION DOCTRINE?

by Mary 70 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't they been teaching this "interesting possibility" as an established fact, confirmed by bible prophecy, for about 70 or more years? It wasn't presented as a possibility when I was studying in 1991, more of a stone cold certainty.

you're wrong

anyone who reads blondies list of absolute 'certainties' and concludes that these are definate statements of unquestionable truth is obviously guilty of being over enthusiastic and reading into them things that are not there...

cos we never ever said for definate...

not a capital crime so no-one should be df for it but please brothers stop putting words into our mouths..

and if you continue to say that we said that when clearly we didn't then we shall have no alternative but to df you for apostacy, loose conduct, lack of respect for authority, or stupidity for not working out that we can say whatever we damn well please cos you are not supposed to notice and if you do then you are not allowed to tell anyone

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Thanks Trevor.

• Mary
    Mary

Will all the anointed receive their heavenly reward before the war of Armaggedon? We do not know...."

I thought this was interesting. The WT have always claimed that there would be some annointed on the earth when the BIG "A" or the tribulation started. Thats why many JWs think it must come soon. But if they now are saying they might not be on the earth then they can keep armageddon at bay for years......decades even.

That was my thinking exactly. With the 'annointed' figures hovering around 8,000 for the last several years, this could go on for decades. If anything, it helps buy them some much needed time to figure out their next line of bullshit defense.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

garybuss,

:It all hinges on a load of coal and 7 ball park conventions and a whole bunch of "ifs".

That statement is sooooo on the money, it's scary!

Dismembered

• moshe
    moshe

One thing never seems to change- The average JW will accept whatever the WT tells him to believe and they continue to take it up the keester, again and again and again, , , ,

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    It sounds to me like they're gearing up to put more emphasis on the inevitability that within a few years, the Ring Masters of the Watchtower Circus are going to be non-Anointed™, due to the fact that all the Anointed™ geezers will have croaked enjoyed their reward in the First Resurrection™.

I don't know about that exactly, Scully. The number never seems to fade out. There are about as many partakers at Memorial now as 20 years back. I think they just need to find a way to adjust the 1935 'sealing' date, as this is the one that is going to give them trouble soon.

Can you just see the Watchtower of July 15, 2085, entitled "Sealed Ones of Jehovah" in which they make excuses for how all these 8500 partakers are still around when they should be 'doctrinally' 150 years old or older by then.

As for the article you reproduced part of; that is just double-talk and jibberish to me. What the hell are they trying to accomplish with that?

Jeff

• Mary
    Mary
    AK Jeff said: As for the article you reproduced part of; that is just double-talk and jibberish to me. What the hell are they trying to accomplish with that?

Why, they're trying to spread God's truth to the ends of the earth oh ye of little faith!

I do believe they're trying to somehow shift attention away from their embarassing doctrine of trying to explain how and when the first resurrection started. Isn't this what some in the first century congregation got the axe for? Saying that "the resurrection had already happened"??? Hmmmm.........

• restrangled
    restrangled

Take the following statements copied in sequence and insert anything you want.

There is strong evidence ......has often shown, ...... must already have.... sometime between 1914 and Armageddon.

An interesting clue.... but since.... must represent ..... It seems that ......would have had to be.... 1935 at the latest. That would indicate that...........between 1914 and 1935.

it may be helpful to consider what might be viewed as..... ...... Could it then be reasoned that ....... That is an interesting possibility. Although this cannot be directly confirmed in the bible, ............ it is not out of harmony with other scriptures that indicate ..........

r.

• Mulan
    Mulan

They really need to stop doing that.

I told my mother one day (she's a JW) that they say things that there is no one that can know them for sure. They are just guessing, and have no special abilities, anymore than she or I do.

She looked really sad, and agreed with me. I think it is just something new to write about, and everyone gets excited about finally a new thought.

• garybuss
    garybuss

They're out of time. Think about what they wrote! "Because the correct identity of the great crowd was revealed to God's anointed servants on earth in 1935."

Look at two things: one; the definition, and two; the math.

The "great crowd" are other sheep WHO DO NOT DIE. They live through Armageddon.

Witnesses born in 1920 and baptized in 1935 at age 15 are 86 years old today. THESE are the 1935 identified people who would never die. Most of these people are dead and they are at the prime age to die any day.

The only other group who might have been identified as people who would never die, is the baby born in 1935 to Witness parents and was protected under family merit until puberty and at puberty the 1935 baby gets baptized and is still an active Jehovah's Witness. That baby is 71 years old in 2006.

The great crowd of babies is really stretching this doctrine and their Biblical lifetime is running out. The people identified in 1935 couldn't have been "great crowd" because they died and are still dying. Time's almost run out on that prophecy.

The problem for the Witness leaders is if the great crowd identification was wrong . . . guess what other identification was wrong too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit