CHANGE IN RESURRECTION DOCTRINE?

by Mary 70 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

OMG Jayhawk1 that frigging cracked me up. thx

• Mary
    Mary

Hey restrangled, can you imagine trying to decipher your post after smoking a joint or taking some percocet and wine? We'd probably see a beast with 7 heads and 10 horns coming out of the sea.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

mary this is a very good thread, thx

• restrangled
    restrangled

Mary,

I'm straight as an arrow, on my third cup of coffee and its still scaring the xxxx out of me!

r.

• Mary
    Mary
    Garybuss said: The only other group who might have been identified as people who would never die, is the baby born in 1935 to Witness parents and was protected under family merit until puberty and at puberty the 1935 baby gets baptized and is still an active Jehovah's Witness. That baby is 71 years old in 2006. The great crowd of babies is really stretching this doctrine and their Biblical lifetime is running out. The people identified in 1935 couldn't have been "great crowd" because they died and are still dying. Time's almost run out on that prophecy.

But----they've never put an age limit on "the great crowd" the way they have the 'annointed'. Someone can be of the GC and be 12 years old today in 2006 and no one will bat an eyelash. It's the whole "annointed" and "1914" doctrine that's the main problem. Most other bibles render the scripture below as:

"We the living who survive to the coming of the Lord shall in no way precede those who have fallen asleep in death.."

I'm looking at this trying to figure out what the hell it is that they're changing. They always used to teach that there would be some 'annointed' here on earth at the time of Armageddon. Since the generation of 1914 is going, going, gone, it looks as though they're trying to once again, change the scriptures to try and fit their preconceived ideas. If they can convince the R&F that the above scripture is not talking about the annointed who survive to Armageddon, but simply to the beginning of the "Presence", which happened decades ago, then that gives them some more leeway in trying to justify those dying off and the non-appearance of the Big A. Or at least that's what I'm getting out of it.....

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Par 11: "....It seems that resurrected ones of the 24 elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today.

Holy crap! That's the very definition of Necromancy and divination... something the WTS has, for years, described as demonic in nature.

• sspo
    sspo
    Par 11: "....It seems that resurrected ones of the 24 elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today.

Once more they are eliminating Jesus and exalting themselves, giving themselves more importance and glorification from the DUBS all over the earth.

Guess what?

The majority of JW will continue to worship them

• dmouse
    dmouse
    Will all the anointed receive their heavenly reward before the war of Armaggedon? We do not know...."

NOW JUST A COTTON PICKING MINUTE!

Did they really say that? If so it is a major shift- this smells fishy! Like Vitty and Mary pointed out, and what stuck out in my mind too, was that this was always used as a sign that we were close to the end. The Watchtower in 15th Jan 2000 had an article, which presented 'evidences' that the end was close. Number six was:

18. Sixth, the number of genuine anointed disciples of Christ is dwindling, though some will evidently still be on earth when the great tribulation begins. Most of the remnant are quite elderly, and over the years the number of those who are truly anointed has been getting smaller. Yet, referring to the great tribulation, Jesus stated: "Unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short." (Matthew 24:21,22) Evidently, then, some of Christ's "chosen ones" will still be on earth when the great tribulation begins.

VERY INTERESTING!!!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    It seems that resurrected ones of the 24 elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today.

And one of them is that drunken Rutherford who is now making shit up in heaven, and is communicating them to his earthly pet cult.

Also, the JWs need a newer, more recent date to keep things interesting. If I were to tell somebody that a bible prophecy happened in 1739, nobody would give a damn because anybody who was alive in 1739 is currently dead.

As far as I know, 1935 is that last year of anything significant apparently happening with the JWs (no, 1975 doesn't count!). Also, why do most of their years end in 4s or 5s? 1914, 1925, 1935, 1975, etc?

Will all the anointed receive their heavenly reward before the war of Armaggedon? We do not know...."

Boy, for God's earthly Organization, they sure don't know much about bible prophecy! Looks like the "remaining anointed on earth at armageddon" doctrine has been flushed down the toilet just like the 1914 Generation doctrine. The only things we know for certain is that Satan was kicked out of heaven in 1914, Jesus found the Bible Students to be the one true religion, and Pinatas are okay to smash.

It's like they're slowly eliminating their doctrines one at a time, and replacing them with "we do not know" just like the UN being the wild beast and the King of the North. I could totally see them writing, "Was Satan the Devil removed from heaven in 1914? We do not know..."

• Cellist
    Cellist

They have hinted at this on more than one occasion. When I first read it in a question from the readers in the late 80's or early 90's (?) I wondered if they were setting things up for a doctrine change. They like to have something written in the past to quote as proof for a new teaching. "See! It's not really new".

One of the reasonings for all the "anointed" dying before Armageddon is the marriage of the Lamb. How can he get married if his bride isn't complete?

Cellist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit