CHANGE IN RESURRECTION DOCTRINE?

by Mary 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

How are they communicating with the 'resurrected 24 elders group!'?

Are they still using the ouija board and seances at Crooklyn!

I thought JWs are not allowed to dabble in spiritism!?

Why does this sound like total BS to me?!

I think I need a strong 'cup of tea'!

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    Jesus Christ was anointed as future King in the fall of 29 CE. Three and a half years later in the spring of 33 CE he was resurrected as a mighty spirit person. Could it then be reasoned that since Jesus was enthroned in the fall of 1914, the resurrection of his faithful anointed followers began 3 1/2 years later in the spring of 1918? That is an interesting possibility. Although this cannot be directly confirmed in the bible, (like virtually ALL of their doctrines can't) it is not out of harmony with other scriptures that indicate that the first resurrection got under way soon after Christ's presence began.

Will they ever stop with this Bible parallel stuff? Besides this suggests that they now say that they were anointed in 1914. Wasn't it 1919? Sounds like another screwup. Like all the rest. I can just imagine Jesus and his Pop talking this stuff over:

Jesus/Michael: Hey Pop, I'm getting tired of waiting over here at your right hand. We've already anointed Charly Russell and his little band of brothers down there. Why not start bringing them up here?

Jehovah: Well son, no, I think we'd better wait a while.

Jesus/Michael: Why Pop?

Jehovah: Well you see son, after you were anointed I waited three and a half years to bring you up here.

Jesus/Michael: Yeah, so?

Jehovah: Well what if I started bringing your little siblings up here without letting three and a half years go by? Why that would just throw everything out of whack. What would the angels think of me? What would Satan say? Besides, we need order son, symmetry. The scales of justice and such must be in balance. Without it the universe would tear itself apart.

Jesus/Michael: Oh I get it. Well I'll just have to wait. BTW-While I'm just sitting here (boy is my ass sore) can you show me how I can figure out the day and hour Pop?

• vitty
    vitty

"Will all the anointed receive their heavenly reward before the war of Armaggedon? We do not know...."

I thought this was interesting. The WT have always claimed that there would be some annointed on the earth when the BIG "A" or the tribulation started.

Thats why many JWs think it must come soon. But if they now are saying they might not be on the earth then they can keep armageddon at bay for years......decades even.

They slyly change things so most ordinary R&F dont even notice the change.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

The WTS likes to back off from a doctrine slowly allowing bad memories, a high percentage of members baptized after 1988, and out-of-date publications to finish it off.

That's exactly what they do. They don't change it overnight, merely hinting at it over a period of time, so it gradually disappears. In a few years time, the 1914 doctrine won't be taught anymore, and the collective amnesia that the gb seems to be able to induce in faithful dubs every time they want to drop an embarassing teaching will have taken full effect.

Could it then be reasoned that since Jesus was enthroned in the fall of 1914, the resurrection of his faithful anointed followers began 3 1/2 years later in the spring of 1918? That is an interesting possibility . Although this cannot be directly confirmed in the bible,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't they been teaching this "interesting possibility" as an established fact, confirmed by bible prophecy, for about 70 or more years? It wasn't presented as a possibility when I was studying in 1991, more of a stone cold certainty.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Lots of things in life are "Interesting Possibilities"

But most of them never become "Realities"

• Zico
    Zico

Combine this one with their recent teaching in the Revelation updates that 'You can't understand bible prophecy until it's actually happened' and it seems like they're starting to admit that they don't have a clue. An odd thing for an Organisation that claims to be inspired by God to admit.

• observador
    observador

I think this is something.

Is there a "possibility" that someone would scan the damn article for us? That could be very "interesting".

The Society is once again, friends, using the old tactics of slowly backing away from a doctrine, and because the average witness never really undestood the old position, he won't undertand the new one either. So, maybe 98% of the Witnesses will not even notice that something is changing here.

And praise be unto Jah for leading us in crooked ways.

Observador.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Zico

I must have missed that one.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Oh wait I got one more.

It seems that resurrected ones of the 24 elders group may be involved inthe communicating of divine truths today. Why is that important? Because the correct identity of the great crowd was revealed to God's anointed servants on earth in 1935. If one of the 24 elders was used to convey that important truth, he would have had to be resurrected to heaven by 1935 at the latest. That would indicate that the first resurrection began somewhere inbetween 1914 and 1935.

This would mean that they can start backing away from saying that God reveals things to them. Now they can say that their spirit selves are revealing truths to their fleshly selves. Pretty creative. I wonder what took them so long to come up with that one.

tsof

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Pubsinger

This is the adjustment in the rev book that zico referred to

p. 251, ¶14, replace paragraph with: In recent years, politicians have used the phrase, “peace and security” to describe various human schemes. Do such efforts by world leaders constitute the beginning of the fulfillment of 1 Thessalonians 5:3? Or was Paul referring only to a specific event of such dramatic proportions that it will claim world attention? Since Bible prophecies are often understood only after they are fulfilled or in the course of fulfilllment, we will have to wait and see. Meanwhile, Christians know that whatever peace and security the nations may have appear to achieved, basically nothing will have changed. Selfishness, hatred, crime, family breakdown, immorality, sickness, sorrow, and death will still be here. That is why nocry of “peace and security” needs to mislead you, if you remain awake to the meaning of world events and have heeded the prophetic warnings in God’s Word.—Mark 13:32-37; Luke 21:34-36.

OLD: What form will this significant cry of “Peace and security!” take? It is here mentioned as being outstanding just before the sudden destruction of those making the cry. Hence, it will have to be something more pronounced than any previous declarations by world leaders. No doubt it will be on an earth-wide scale. Yet, it will be no more than a facade. Underneath, nothing will really have changed. Selfishness, hatred, crime, family breakdown, immorality, sickness, sorrow, and death will still be here. That is why the coming cry will mislead those who are not awake to Bible prophecy. But it need not mislead you, if you have been awake to the meaning of world events and have heeded the prophetic warnings in God’s Word.—Mark 13:32-37; Luke 21:34-36.

The thread with all the changes is at this link

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/118235/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit