What's the worst dish your mother ever made you eat?

by mrsjones5 96 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Head cheese. Not my mom but my Grandmother made this. I tried it once and it came out of my mouth faster than it went in, believe me! Sour Kraut with Polish Sausage: Just nasty if you ask me. How anyone can eat this is a mystery to me. Shit on a shingle: Lovesdubs, I love this stuff. Although I don't add peas to it. I put some butter in the skillet and saute the dried beef. Then I add some flour to the butter and let it brown a little and add milk to make a gravy. Then, pour it over toast. YUMMY!

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

WIldHorses, I love that dish, over toast. Back home, we called it "creamed dried beef."

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Lucky it didn't make us all stiff.

glad you did not make this comment on the What turns you on thread?

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Virgo chick

WIld Horses, I love that dish, over toast

you eat wild horses on toast??????? That's just wrong!!

Pope

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Purplesofa

It's good every now and then to get the wrinkles out!!

Pope

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    It's good every now and then to get the wrinkles out!!

never thought you would come back and respond!!!!!!!!! cute! funny

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Gently Feral, I love Mole Pablano. That is the dark Mole in that photo. There are many different types of Mole, but the only one I like is Mole Pablano. I used to make it from scratch from a recipe that I found in an old Mexican cook book, but now I just purchace Knorr Mole Pablano sauce and use that instead. It taste just as good, but I add about a tsp of sugar to it as I like it a tad sweet. That with fried rice, refried beans and guacamole salad..........it's the bomb!

I hate Menudo though. I've tried it ONCE and I threw up from chewing on the tripe. YUCK!

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

when you say Mole do you mean those cute cuddly little blind animals that dig in the dirt?

• Auchmull
    Auchmull
    I hate Menudo though. I've tried it ONCE and I threw up from chewing on the tripe. YUCK!

You EAT little Puerto Rican boys?

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Haha, Popey, very funny! SO, c'mon, you liked the creamed dried beef, too, didn't ya?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit