What's the worst dish your mother ever made you eat?

by mrsjones5 96 Replies latest jw friends

• troucul
    troucul

lentil soup

• lilybird
    lilybird

I guess I was lucky because my mother herself acknowledged that she was a picky eater as a child. She said her parents would try to make her eat, even offering her pennies(big money in the 1930's) to eat. So she knew how it felt being forced to eat something you didn't like. She never made us eat anything we didn't want to.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

potatoe soup(like chunky snot)

liver and onions(that stuff just grows in your mouth the more you chew it)

chinese something with waterchestnuts and bamboo shoots........they looked like worms and the chestnuts were like bugs to me.

• Auchmull
    Auchmull

Balogna with pimentos. Olive loaf, I think some call it.

and

Almost everything I ate in Scotland.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

we tried every recipe in the awake...which included dandelion leaves and nettles..

but the worst was carrot soup...we (my 2 sisters and i) didnt manage to clear our plates on the first sitting so my mother gathered up the dishes and the remaining soup and put it back in the pot and reheated it and served it up for the next meal...this went on for 3 or 4 mealtimes.we were on a time limit and if we hadnt finished in time then we went through the whole procedure again until it was all gone...i made a genuine attempt to finish but never quite managed within the time...the annoying thing was that for the next meal the reheated soup was divided out evenly among the 3 of us even thought i had only a couple of spoonfuls left from the previous time...

i have never eaten carrot soup again

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

oh i thought of something else.

bologna with ketchup on white bread.......

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Almost everything I ate in Scotland.

bet you never tried deep fried mars bars eh

• tijkmo
  • Auchmull
    Auchmull

I will happily eat *almost* anything if it's deep fried.

• meems1000
    meems1000

stuffed peppers.......and one time cold, undercooked overeasy eggs. i didn't eat eggs again for another 15 years and they could and still can only be scrambled cooked hard!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit