What book or movie most resembles the WTS in your opinion? Why?

by whyizit 43 Replies latest jw friends

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

Yvegeny Zamyatin's "We"
    Alot of the elements of the Phantom tollbooth, such as the demon of useless tasks, subtraction soup and all that.
    Many parts of Madeliene L'Engle's "A Wrinkle in Time" such as "IT" of "CENTRAL central Intelligence" on Camazotz.

and of course George Orwells 1984.
    I was reading a novel but I can't remember what it was, it may have been one of William Gibsons, and I was surprised to find that I was reminded of the Watch Tower. Wish I didn't have part-timers.

smellsgood

• bubble
    bubble

Definitely Witness with Harrison Ford and Kelly McGillis.

Amish = wierdos

Jehovah's Witnesses = wierdos

Comparison complete!

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

All the movies mentioned so far are great examples, especially The Village...I must rent it again and let my dad see it...he was recently df'd

Also never thought of Equilibrium and The Island in that way but yeah they fit too...

Gonna go way off field with my own that hadn't been mentioned yet...X-men 2...but only the parts with the evil Dr. putting that poison stuff on their necks to make them do what he wanted..just like dubs...constantly putting out their little poison (mags, bible, etc.) to make people do what they want...but good thing is..in the end evil dr. got a megadose of reality...

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

OMG, I forgot I actually own Omega man on VHS, I got it as a joke gift like 8 years ago for Christmas, I am going to watch it tonight

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit