What book or movie most resembles the WTS in your opinion? Why?

by whyizit 43 Replies latest jw friends

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Those Star Trek shows with the Borg. I can't think of anything that resembles the Watchtower Society more than that Borg.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

The Firm - you can't leave without them hunting you down (in most cases)

The Village -

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

"The Holy Ghost People"

Jonestown

There, also, was a sci-fi episode on "The Twilight Zone" about aliens that were trying to take over the world. The alien caused a black out and caused hysteria in this one city block. Then the alien just sit back and said "all we have to do is do this on every block" (or something like that). The people, basically, begin to kill each other off. The title of that episode is "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street".

There was another Twilight Zone where the people had to eat the hearts of the dead ones in order for the person to achieve something... I can't remember.

Why does it remind me of the Org? The mind control. How it makes people "trip out" like LSD or something. The people just lose control of their normal state of mind and self because of the belief in a supernatural being.

Oh yes! I can't leave out "The Bone Collector" starring Denzel Washington. That movie was creepy. It reminded me how superstitious that we can be, and how very superstitious that the witness are, even though they claim not to be.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Brazil

• blondie
    blondie

I think of 1984 and the Borg...I haven't seen the Matrix. Borg: http://www.freeminds.org/space.htm

And this story, Diary of an Armageddon Survivor.

http://www.macgregorministries.org/jehovahs_witnesses/armagsurv.html

• Gregor
    Gregor

The original "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"

the way people could change overnight into robots, no natural emotions.

I think The Village was a near perfect analogy

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I am going to have to watch The Village.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I needed to make a correction on the Denzel Washington movie that I was referring to in the previous post. The name of the movie is "Fallen" not "The Bone Collector".

• carla
    carla

Any non R rated movies to show jw's? I can't find 1984 in any local rental places.

• avengers
    avengers

Star Trek. The Borg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit