What book or movie most resembles the WTS in your opinion? Why?

by whyizit 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

The Omega Man, 1970s movie anyone ever seen it?

• atypical
    atypical

The Village.

Jim_TX - I saw The Village before I stopped going to meetings. It hit me very hard and made me think about the set of ideas that had kept me ignorant my whole life.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

The Time Machine - the old black and white one where all the people were in togas and had blond hair. They were totally under the control of the things that lived in the mountain and when the horn blasted they would all turn and walk toward the maw of the mountain and all that entered before the doors closed were never seen again. They depended on the thing in the mountain, feared it, didnt know how to fight it...followed it mindlessless and unquestioningly.

...until someone came along and showed them...THEY HAD A CHOICE

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

How could I forget Stargate !

The people had no clue who or what they were worshipping and that they had the power to destroy something that they feared.

• ringo5
    ringo5
    The Omega Man, 1970s movie anyone ever seen it?

Creepy movie when I was a kid, but it probably would seem a bit cheesy now with the zombies and whatnot. I never associated it with being in the borg, but I can see it now.

Didn't like the ending, poor chucky!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

On the beach.

Most depressing screwed up movie I have ever had the displeasure of watching.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Lord of the Flies!

steve

• Quandry
    Quandry

Worldly Andre-

Yes, I saw the Omega Man. Really an admirer of Charlton Heston. He's Moses, you know. Right after we left the Borg-not df'd or da'd now- my husband and I would keep the shades in the front of the house drawn. He would only mow the yard if I was with him. We would look out the windows before we ventured out. Yes, the Omega Man is a good analogy.

• Mulan
    Mulan

My Big Fat Greek Wedding because the family truly believed that if you weren't Greek, you should be.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

The Rapture of Cannan. It was an Oprah pic and it was darn creepy how it mirrored the life of jws and cultish thinking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit