What are your reasons for not joining another religion?

by MARTINLEYSHON 56 Replies latest jw friends

• MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

I am going to start this debate of by saying that those of us who were raised in the so called truth, and I being one of them, can only come to terms with our past by accepting that our parents infected our minds like a virus infects a computer.

For example:

We wouldn't categorise children according to their parents' political stance, since they are too young to make up their minds about such matters. But they (JW) segregate them from the world. Whereby they are taught superstitions drawn from ancient scriptures of dubious origin, which promote a 'contradictory and poisonous system of morals'.

What I mean by this is that religious believes that are passed onto children from their parents is a virus that infects the young and impressionable mind imposing religion on young people who are to young to make up their minds by judging it for themselves.

Children are uniquely vulnerable and if they fail to question and shake off such superstition, they remain in a state of perpetual infancy. Inasmuch that we dare not question the authority of our parents.

How many of us who have left the Org had a real debate with our parents who are still believers over the fact that we were given no choice. Exactly not many of us.

There have been many books written on this subject, I for one endorse the ideal of Religion as being an absolute virus of the mind. A believe system of faith based on inept and unfounded promises rather than on scientific fact is almost obscene.

So would you join another religion? surely they are all the same.

• minimus
    minimus

I am all religioned out.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I cant join the catholic religion, I have bad knees!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I have better things to do with my time. Never again.

Religion is a snare and a racket!

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

I'am with buttlight.....my knees are bad....or I would take on a Catholic Mass.

All kidding aside...the reason is...all religions depress me...I went to one church (The Piligram church) since I left the JWs and I found it hard not to walk out before the sermon is over.

• MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

I would like to know why some ex JWs jion another religion, what is the attraction? It just amazes me.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

No more religious fallacies for me. Did too much research on the origins of religion and the origins of the Bible to recognize that it's all a steaming pile of horsecrap.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Sometimes when, as a JW, I would ask a householder a question about their religious belief, they'd tell me their beliefs were PERSONAL.

I agree with that.

When all is said and done, most religion is where a man, or a group of people, tell you how THEY believe a deity should be pleased.

I don't want to hear the opinions of such self-styled authorities.

Of course, to each their own. If someone feels religion helps them, as long as they aren't hurting anyone, no problem.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The ideology may be good but it is the practice that has many problems as with all human organisations there are problems due to human vanity and corruption. So it's best to keep a distance unless one finds something decent.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Because worshipping invisible beings that have esoteric impact on your life is socially accepted insanity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit