What are your reasons for not joining another religion?

by MARTINLEYSHON 56 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I have kidded about starting a new religion....then I would be in control...........

First change, women are in charge.

Blondie

• james_woods
    james_woods

Do you mean they are not already, Blondie?

• MARTINLEYSHON
    MARTINLEYSHON

To

James Woods

"They have pretty much destroyed the ability of thousands of good people to have faith in ANY sort of ;organized religion!"

What a stroke of genius.

I would have to agree with those sentiments.

• dido
    dido

Poodlehead- i also like to think of there being a `creator` rather than a `god`, as it doesn`t seem linked to religion, but rather to the wonderful creation that we have. I have experienced a good `spiritual ` type feeling when i`ve been up high on a mountain, or in a forest, or a deserted beach, it`s a feeling of oneness with everything, and it is very peaceful. I think this is where `God` is! Yaddayadda, i agree with what you say as well, the creator will let us know when he`s ready, in the meantime, we have to just do the best we can. I don`t class myself a `christian` tho`, sounds too religous! Would prefer to call myself a caring humanbeing.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I have had more than enough of religion for the time being. I have no desire, and would be very apprehensive, perhaps even fearful, of getting involved in any kind of organised worship again. I am leaning towards agnostic nowadays, having had my faith in a creator shatterred by the lies I was told by the wts.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Because to me all religions want you to do what 'they' say and only 'they' are right, it has always been used to control.

CS 101

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Religions make their adherents feel guilty and then offer them forgiveness...

Thanks, but No, Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit