Are You Still Affected By Guilt?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you still feel any guilt for celebrating a birthday or holiday or associating with "worldly" people or doing anything that the Watchtower has inculcated as being wrong????

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nope though I do get a strange feeling around a group of jws...

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Nope, not one little bit.

• xjwms
    xjwms

I want to say NO.

However, .. birthday and holiday greetings are a little hard for me to get out.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

no guilt, but i'm not used to it. feels strange, but it's not guilt.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't feel guilt. I do heavily regret ever having been mixed up in Jehovah's Witnesses though.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    I don't feel guilt. I do heavily regret ever having been mixed up in Jehovah's Witnesses though.

ditto... u/d

• Been there
    Been there

Nope.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I still feel awkward singing happy birthday. However I get a real kick out of being involved in these celebrations.

I do feel guilty when my mum knows I am celebrating xmas & birthdays with my boyfriend and friends.... But I feel like i have to tell her. I am not going to hide what i am doing...

• Jordan
    Jordan

I haven't gotten around to the admitting I'm celebrating b-days or xmas to my mum or family. So I do feel guilty about witholding the truth, but it's a small price to pay for peace and quiet. I think my family see not going to meetings and living my life as one thing(maybe they think I'm just rebelling), but celebrating holidays would be crossing a line, and that line could get me chucked out, I've kinda grown accustomed to living with a roof over me...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit