Are You Still Affected By Guilt?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

No, no guilt at all. I do still think about how awkward I felt singing happy birthday at a b-day party for the first few times. Strange.

I've been to several Thanksgiving dinners with my wife's family. They're Catholics and for some reason they've never prayed before the meal. Well last year for some reason my wife's aunt suggested that they prey. It didnt bother me but I had to call her out on it and ask why all of a sudden after 8 or 9 years that we should all of a sudden have a Thanksgiving prayer. She said "does that bother you?" I replied "No, not at all. Im just curious about the reasoning behind it?"....but I digress.

• twinflame
    twinflame

Guilt? Absolutely not! I do get uncomfortable around my active JW husband but it's not guilt in any way. I do tend to forget my kids' birthdays sometimes after so many years of doing nothing. How sad...

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Not after yesterday.

OldSoul

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Yesterday, oldsoul?

• Es
    Es

Im with Miss Peaches i still feel a little weird singing happy birthday, but i sure as hell dont feel guilty bout celebrating it i love it. Especially celebrating my sons its the best

es

• Purza
    Purza

Sometimes, but not often. I too still can't sing Happy Birthday. And I had to attend a city council meeting not to long ago and actually saluted the flag -- that felt REALLY strange. But I was trying to fit in. I was also aware that I could have been on camera (as the meeting are televised live) and I felt a bit of guilt/fear.

But for the most part, the guilt has lessened over the years -- its not as strong now.

Purza

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah, during sex. Guilt feelings like darts hit me, sometimes.

S

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Yah, during sex. Guilt feelings like darts hit me, sometimes.

Do you love her? That can make a big difference in the emotions you feel during sex.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Flyin

I think it's the deminz poking me.

S

• Goldminer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit