Reveal something "weird" or "unusual" about yourself

by JH 68 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down
    my right ones bigger than the left one

Wierd...my right foot is bigger than my left foot too...

Small world.

u/d(of the not the sharpest tool in the shed class)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have big feet (size 12) but because of my height (6') people never notice unless I mention it. Oh, and my husband has small feet for a man (size 7) of his height (6'). On our first date my husband wore blue suede shoes, which I thought was so beautiful on his tiny feet. boy is that weird or what?

• xjwms
    xjwms

As of late...

When I pay my bills and send a check, ...

I started to "tape" the payment part to the inside of the envelope...

So when who ever is opening it up, .. everything rip-s

I think thats weird.

• Jordan
    Jordan

I like pain. I don't mean anything emotional, or sexual, although that's not 100% out of the question, but the main reason I like going to gigs, is because I love to get my arse kicked in the pit.

I've always had a thing for "geeks".
    Why in god's name aren't the girls that "have a thing" for us geeks not around here?
  • daystar
    daystar

leolaia

I have synesthesia (i.e. I perceive letters/numbers and music in color).

Fascinating! Ideopathic? Or acquired?

• daystar
    daystar

Lola

like both Pearl Jam and Creed. I have been told that this is weird.

Not so weird since they're, like, the same freakin' band!

• Terry
    Terry

Sometimes when I look at my nutsack.......my right ones bigger than the left one.....and that just ain't right.

Gumby

Relax, from now on look in the mirror and it will be the other way around; consequently, it all balances out.

T.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Mulan, that is not unusual. We tend to expect certain outcomes based on experience and situations. If you apply for a job, you expect them to call you. We don't notice all the times it wasn't HR, just the time it was. If your friend tends to call at 4pm, you will expect it to be your friend. If it isn't, you will be surprised - but will soon forget this inaccurate prediction. If you think about something, you have an expectation - and that expectation will be fullfilled when they contact you.

Joel, the kind of thing that happens to me, is that I may not have heard from someone in years. I start to think about them, and then they call me, or write. Just last week, I was thinking about a young man I knew in Malaysia.............he worked for me. I hadn't seen or talked to him since 2000. My mother asked about him, and I got to wondering how he was. He called me that night.

Another time, I was making a pie, and thought about friends that had been over for dinner the last time I had made that pie. We hadn't talked to them in about a year. The phone rang and it was her. Those things are just too weird for me.

• Terry
    Terry

I like to adjust my mind to "hear" everything absolutely literally (just for entertainment) so that all the metaphorical use of language will not function.

It enables me to understand how much reliance people have on imprecise self-expression.

When people speak to me, I respond "as though" what they said was precise and literal (and it NEVER is!)

I keep a straight face.

T.

• daystar
    daystar

There is a family trait I have which is a small bump on the outside of my right ear. It's like a vestigal elf or vulcan point.

There is one person in this world for whom I am best known for my Kermit the Frog impersonation.

I refuse to eat cold or re-heated pizza. I think it's very gross.

I live in a city of 5 million, and always have. I dream of moving to a smallish town in the mountains and running a gas station, or something just as simple. (I guess not so weird.)

When I was younger, I would constantly play with my perception of things. I could reduce my focus, for example, at a meeting until not one single voice or other sound held my full attention. But rather, I heard all the sounds at once and they all held my focus equally. It actually sounded rather psychotic. I could very clearly hear someone turning the pages in their bible from the other side of the hall. All the whispers and other sounds melted together into this strange cacophony.

I could also imagine my body and everything around me from the perspective of a being much larger than myself. I would touch my fingers together and they would feel as small as toothpicks and just as frail. Sometimes I've had a hard time leaving this frame of mind and have had to force myself to become preoccupied with something else.

I once had a vision while awake and standing in my kitchen. It was almost instantaneous. It remains very meaningful to me, though the meaning for me has changed over the years as I understand more and more about myself and existence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit