Reveal something "weird" or "unusual" about yourself

by JH 68 Replies latest jw friends

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I've not yet met anyone who can be as sarcastic as me.

• Soledad
    Soledad

That's because you haven't met me yet, Paul

• claytoncapeletti
    claytoncapeletti

Weird things about myself:

1. I use to be a Jehovah’s Witness

2. I do a really good Yoda impersonation, but am horrible at all doing all other impersonations.

3. I once tried to break my own hand by punching a wall. (It didn’t work)

4. I cut up all my food before I start eating.

5. I got married 3 months after I turned 18 and divorced at 22

6. I am 28 years old now and have a 12 year old son. ( I don’t think its weird but a lot of people do)

7. I once stayed awake for almost 72 hours in a row.

8. I often talk in movie quotes

I guess that’s enough weird things to share about myself, any deeper into my psyche I will have to go lay on a couch.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Fascinating! Ideopathic? Or acquired?

I had to look that word up to know what it means, LOL! I've had it all my life, so I have no idea. I can see how some colors reflect certain influences (especially if the shape of the letter or number iconically resembles a real-life object), but I experience my colors constantly and consistently. Totally enjoyable, unless I'm reading text of a language that has lots of yucky-colored letters.

My earliest memories go back to kindergarten, of experiencing my emotions in color and learning traffic signs in which the color reinforced the intrinsic color of the word (green light = GO, the letter "g" is green). I have to wonder if ppl who see auras have a form of synesthesia. If I can sometimes experience my own emotions in color, could not other people perceive other ppl's displayed moods/emotions in synesthetic colors? Makes sense to me.

Once I had a very emotional episode one night, and the following morning my synesthesia went into reverse and I experienced my emotions as alphabet letters that I saw before my eyes. Never experienced that before or since.

I also have noticed when I play ping-pong, the trajectories of the ball can resemble certain alphabet letters (like V) and then I experience the sensations associated with this letter at a subconscious (but noticeable) level.

• delilah
    delilah

Leolai, that's so interesting......I'm not sure just how wierd I am, but I always read my Architectural Digest mags, and my Coutnry Living mags from the back, to the front. Always have....strange huh? and I have this thing, where I go through the house every night, and re-check each of the doors to make sure they are locked, about 3 or 4 times. Crazy.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Joelbear,

Are you sure you wanna see it? What with the toenail and all? It's worse looking than Bea Arthur's. lol.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Okay here's a really weird habit that I've had since I was a child. I like the feel of bedsheets just under my fingernails. But not any part of it, only its ends/edges. If the end is folded over, I don't bother.

• alamb
    alamb

I have a thing for cobalt blue glass and/or copper. If I see them, I have to touch them. Copper feels like warm energy. Blue glass is mesmerizing.

The letter F and the number 4 interchange in my memory. (I could barely type that for getting them mixed up)

And, Leolaia, they are both brown in my head.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

4 is brown for me (dark brown) while F is yellow. I can get L and P mixed up in trying to remember letter combinations because they are the same shade of green.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit