Turbulent times hard to deal with.

by Daunt 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Daunt
    Daunt

I have to go to the district assembly or convention or whatever its called this weekend. It's just crippling to my naturally good mood to think about the multiple hours of bullcrap I will have to endure.

Do you guys have any tips or experiences to help me pass the boredom without getting into too much trouble?

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Yeah, it's called an Ipod.

• Daunt
    Daunt

You mean a rich person's boom box? Wouldn't mind one of those.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Stay at home from the assembly, save the gas money, save the food money, and before you know it you'll be able to go out any buy the Nano.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

The witnesses are wrong. There is a hell. It is called assemblies.

Sherry

• Spectre
    Spectre

Call in sick.....On second thought, that might not work, my parents always dragged me there even when I was sick.

Daydream.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey daunt,

if you can't get out of it by playing sick, then i say play along and have fun.

to look like you are taking notes, you could write down all the logical fallacies you hear from the platform. underline them in your tower as the speaker goes through it as well. you'll be writing all day.

during the songs i used to enjoy switching the first two words of each verse, and throw people off.

i used to also fantasize about all the good xian sisters. but you have to keep track of when the songs are coming up. you wouldn't want to be caught pitching a tent.

cheers, and i feel sorry for you dude. assemblies suck. my last one was crazy! the only thing that would have made it more trippy would have been some mushrooms. LOL

ts

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

TS, why would any one want to waste good mushrroms or herb on an assembly? Searously?

• bebu
    bebu

Mulan had a terribly funny game she played before she left, like bingo. If someone remembers what it was called, or where that post is, it would be good to post here.

Basically, one filled out a bingo-like board with odd theocratic JW words. You check them off when you hear them mentioned in assembly. Then, you try hard not to yell bingo! when you get a row of 5 marked off...

bebu

• Daunt
    Daunt

Ya I doubt I could get away with not going, or playing sick. Tried that last assembly and my mom started crying and talking about the devil and stuff. So I suppose I'll have to go.

And I have been doing what you said about the logical fallacies and what not for the longest but my mom caught on and read one of my notebooks and started talking about the way I'm living isn't the right way to live and she talked about how she has seen other people go down this path and it never ended up good. So she cut that out.

That herb and mushroom seem to be the next best idea, and the most plausible. I know, I'm bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit