Turbulent times hard to deal with.

by Daunt 23 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Daunt, I am REALLY GOOD at zoning out. Fortunately, my hubby about lets me do what I want as long as it LOOKS spiritual. A blank notebook and pen/pencil are essential. Sorry, dude, that your mom caught on to your personal note-taking. Hubby got suspicious once when he noticed I was writing down the full names of all the speakers. One trick is to have the "approved" note taking up front (listing all the scriptures as said is good, mommy might enjoy looking over if she missed it) and writing your own stuff in the back. Or two exchangeable notebooks. Rip the back pages out if she goes snooping.

I only stay awake for one or two talks. I look over the program and I can usually spot the Christendom-bash and the anti-apostate speech. I listen real good during those and try and copy as many outrageous comments, verbatim, as I can. I've been complimented on my excellent note-taking by JW's. Later on, in private, I annotate with my own thoughts.

My PDA comes in handy, too. It is fully loaded with a bible to show off to any snoops, but of course it has many other features.

Good fortune to you, Daunt.

• Daunt
    Daunt

Ya Jgnat. That's the one my mom found, I was writing all the outrageous things that they said in the meeting, and during the time I was writing they were in their "The world" bashing mood and my mom claimed it was out of context. Was funny.

• jgnat
    jgnat

"Out of context"? Now that IS funny. Now, sonnyboy, don't write down EVERYTHING they say. Some of it might be taken OUT OF CONTEXT. I imagine you could pre-print the obligatory couching fluff at the beginning and the end of the notes. You could MAKE IT UP and it would still sound "right". Without actually having to TUNE IN.

• bebu
    bebu
    Yes, a game of bullshit bingo would be great.

you yell out bullshit instead of bingo!

Oh goodness, that's right!!! Thanks, soledad. bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit