Turbulent times hard to deal with.

by Daunt 23 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Bring along some antiwitnessing literature and think of ways to sneak them into peoples Bibles and leave them in the stalls, etc...amuse yourself.

• Soledad
    Soledad

Yes, a game of bullshit bingo would be great.

you yell out bullshit instead of bingo!

• Daunt
    Daunt

Oh man I would so love to play that game with a few other people. HA I've always wanted to say bullshit out loud in a meeting for years. Seems like a perfect match.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Sit with a friend and write notes back and forth.

Scan the bleachers for cute girls/boys and "accidently" meet them later.

Go to the bathroom aka long walk around the stadium. Be sure to complain about the long lines and.or non-working toilets on your way back.

Forget your notebook in the car. Leave halfway thru the talk to go get it.

If you go the sick route, save it for after lunch ( mayo and heat don't mix after all ). I would also get "migraines" and "sore backs" from the poor seats so I would have to stand and walk around the stadiums a lot. See meet cute boys from above.

Dams

• 1Faith
    1Faith

For me salvation came in being able to vollunteer when I was a kid. I haven't been in many years thank goodness growing up has many kickbacks. I found picking up trash and sweeping so much better than sitting there being indoctrinated. You know how righteously clean we leave our stadiums. Righteously clean yep.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Bring some post-it notes and leave them in the washrooms with the following on them

jehovahs-witness.com or freeminds.org

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

From what I know of your situation Daunt, your parents are going to hover over you and try to talk to you about all the great points that brother so-and-so made or whatever....

I feel your pain bro

• lawrence
    lawrence

Just think ... the worst restaurant in town, and then you go at the end of day when all the grease is ripe, and ask for the worst thing on the menu, and you'll be scott free. Better yet, think of the meal, and fake it... Or, a fall is always good. On the head, dizzy, like the CO. Fever is good. Loss of memory, convulsions. Hey, by then you'll be an actor. Good Luck (screw Isa. 65)!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Daunt, you have my condolences.

• Daunt
    Daunt

ya I'm in this on my own. I never really had a JW friend that I could talk to about things I enjoy all too much so I'm going to be pretty by myself through this whole thing. And yes my parents are going to hover like a helicopter. All these tips sound good and I'll try to see if I can do a few of em. But it mostly seems like ima have to force myself to zone out. Which can be tough because some speakers try to act inspirational and say words all loud and crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit