New Caleb video uses fearmongering on children

by Jonathan Drake 57 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Millie: they did give them each a banana while they lectured them at near midnight in that dreary kitchen!

So, I don't know whether to scream or eat a banana. At least in this situation the two options are available

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Pay attention at the meetings or God will kill you.

Sounds reasonable.

• Holden Caufield
    Holden Caufield
    These types of videos are so strange. No child should be subjected to that mess.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    You know, if a kid is falling asleep in class at that age, a teacher would question the parenting choices that don't allow a child to get adequate sleep. Are they supervising them? Are they up too late? If a girl can't stay awake at the meeting, maybe she should be home and. . . (dare I say it?) sleeping instead of being at a meeting that keeps her from getting adequate rest. When I was little, We got home around 9:30. When my kds were the same age, bedtime was 8pm. And they had dinner, chores, bathtime bedtime stories. . . pretty much, dinner to bedtime was spoken for. I really don't know how JW families did it as much as we did. Its less onerous now as to demands on the time, but no less demanding on the children. A couple of days a week(at least) they are having HOURS of their time consumed with this between meetings, service, getting ready for them socializing around them, and driving back and forth. OUCH.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

There's no Sunday school or any kind of fun activities.

Well, it may not be fun, but with the total dumbing-down of the meetings, it's all Sunday school.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    Paying attention to the boasting sessions can mean your life, especially when most of what you learn is going to be outdated within a few months or a year. Or, when it means living poor, not paying attention to real threats, or doing stupid things in the name of joke-hova that are going to have precisely zero beneficial effects and could set you up for rabbis to use black magic against the whole human race. It means your life--more specifically, your damnation.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Yes, it's so life-saving for children to carefully listen and draw appropriate pictures when the meeting covers subjects like circumcision and mass murder.
  • SAHS
    SAHS

Actually, it’s this Web site (“http://www.jehovahs-witness.com”) and others like it that can save your life – save it from being wasted, and also save it literally by opening your eyes to the JW blood policy and how absolutely illogical and ridiculous it is. If everyone had learned the real facts behind the WTS operation right from the beginning by the information gathered by us “apostates,” it no doubt would have literally saved the lives of thousands of people, including children and babies, by their not following the reprehensible dictates of the WT’s power-hungry leaders.

The new cyber glitter-glamour of the WTS will, at least for now, still continue to be able to maintain a certain level of indoctrination, because any repetitive type of regimen eventually alters one’s thinking and perception. It is said with regard to those suffering various addictions that they can’t simply think themselves into good action but, rather, they must act themselves into good thinking. But in the process of religious indoctrination, an imposed repetitive type of curriculum has the effect of altering one’s thinking and perception, eventually hijacking one’s very hope and motivation. That’s why a JW must wake up and get off that phony, ritualistic merry-go-round if he or she has a chance to recover from their mental and emotional dizziness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit