New Caleb video uses fearmongering on children

by Jonathan Drake 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A major part of the way theocracies are maintained and structured is the propagation and utilization of fear.

Imposing fear onto anyone who opposes the directives of the top leaders of these organizational groups is paramount to maintain that controlling power structure.

Its quite common to instill fear into children's minds of these religious cults so they obey the direction

of the leaders of these cults, fear controls the minds and emotions of most these high controlling organizations.

It all plays into the power play orchestrated by these institutions such as the WTS/JWS and others..

Self proclaiming that they are god's chosen ones and that everyones needs to obey them so as not to displease god and be destroyed , works on a psychological level to build up that recognized frame work of power. 

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I'm just seeing this. 

Speechless.

The anger that wells up in me toward an 'organization' that damages innocent children.

"Listen to Brother I'm Winging This Talk" or you risk being drowned.

How these sick F**KS survive is the most shocking thing of all......

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

@ Finkelstein:

"A major part of the way theocracies are maintained and structured is the propagation and utilization of fear."

Very true. Saudi Arabia which has the death penalty for apostates comes to mind. Fear mongery embedded in their children's education from the moment they learn to talk.

I myself was told in my disfellowshipping trial that if I were in Israel I would be stoned. That's what the Witnesses would do if they had sovereign territory. 

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I somehow think that it will take more than this to keep children (and adults) awake and attentive during these soporific meetings 

http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/family/children/become-jehovahs-friend/videos/pay-attention-at-meetings/

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Village Idiot

Really??? they said that to you? F%$#k them. I'd say grab a rock then pansy, do gods will big man lol. Then I'd b%$#ch slap the person who said that. 

These people with these ideas are everything that is wrong with world. judgmental detachment. They love the idea of an @$$hole god smiting everyone, but would never get their hands dirty. Other people in the world are just the same but they do get there hands dirty. Is one better than the other, I don't think so. The idea is still bad. 

So they feel so justified discriminating against women, apostates, homosexuals, and just being huge assholes in general. A real man/woman that is a good person would never entertain such barbaric ideas about their fellow man for having a different opinion or way of life. 

I am peaceful person, I love people and animals, but if an elder in this org said to me what they told you ... I would most likely kick his ass. 

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WBT$ fear mongering /psychological abuse on JW Children isn`t anything new..

This is from the old WBT$ "Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained" book.

A WBT$ JW Childrens Book..

If your not a JW..

At Armageddon God will kill.

Your family,your neighbors,the front porch.       Your dads car, your sister,her doll,your bicycle and your dog!

http://www.jwfacts.com/images/paradise_lost_209.jpg  http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5rX9LkdU3dY/Tj9AczrlOuI/AAAAAAAABAY/LaX3nvkC0z8/s1600/Paradise%2BLost%2B1958%2BArmageddon%2BScene%2Bexcerpt.jpg

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Getting killed for speaking up against the recognized spiritual leaders goes back to many of the ancient civilizations including the ancient Hebrews.  Right through the middle ages in Christendom and Islamic religions and actually still goes on to this day in the middle east.  

Christianity for example still propagates the ideology that if you don't get baptized and worship Jesus Christ their specific designated way or worship another god, you will be killed eventually.  The JWS teach this as well. 

When you think about it most people who get involved with the WTS. make that decision to join the organization, mostly from that mental imposition that their lives could possibly be in danger if they don't .

The WTS uses constantly the pressing imposition of fear (death could result) such as look what happened to all mankind for not obeying Noah's advise during the Great Flood. 

Or Jesus has returned to earth invisibly and is now evaluating people to their faithfulness and devotion, so to make a judgment to see if they are going to live or die in the soon to come Armageddon.  etc.  

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

OUTLAW

If you just imagine the goofy holler over the top of these pictures it makes it much easier to teach to your children lol. 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWL9DS1DZTE
  • millie210
    millie210

Oh Outlaw

Stop bringing back the good ole days of my childhood!

If your not a JW..

At Armageddon God will kill.

Your family,your neighbors,the front porch.       Your dads car, your sister,her doll,your bicycle and your dog!

http://www.jwfacts.com/images/paradise_lost_209.jpg  http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5rX9LkdU3dY/Tj9AczrlOuI/AAAAAAAABAY/LaX3nvkC0z8/s1600/Paradise%2BLost%2B1958%2BArmageddon%2BScene%2Bexcerpt.jpg

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

millie210

Don't forget goofy holler

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit