New Caleb video uses fearmongering on children

by Jonathan Drake 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

Check it out. Literally the message is if you don't pay attention at the meetings you could die. how insane, i feel like this must wake some people up.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, I think lack of attention when crossing the road is a bigger risk of death for children.

Meetings? You could die of boredom ...

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    Meetings? You could die of boredom ...

Lol, yea. When I was little I always lost myself in imagination while sitting there. Just day dreaming.

I took a risk and went ahead and posted my feelings and some scriptures on Facebook, I don't even care. I hope every elder in the world reads it. This is just crazy, threatening children. Wow.

• Powermetal4ever
    Powermetal4ever
    I thought God was greater than that. Than caring if someone doesnt pay enough attenttion on meetings.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I thought God was greater than that. Than caring if someone doesnt pay enough attenttion on meetings.

You're thinking of the god of Christianity.  Jehovah is petty and vindictive.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

As one of our favorite posters would say:

"Let's review: It's a cult!"

Doc

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Whats the title of the newest drivil...?
  • Garrett
    Garrett
    So sad :/ I'm still at the phase where I'm shocked that I ever believed this crap. How would a loving God KILL a child if they didn't pay attention at 1 meeting. So terrible :/ I feel bad for all who have to go through that.
  • Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

@Morpheus

the title is, "pay attention at the meetings"

its at the bottom of the front page of the site. 

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Literally the message is if you don't pay attention at the meetings you could die - wasn't it always like this?

As an unbaptized publisher, I also played football with 'worldly' friends. If I ever missed a meeting, I was told by the brothers and sisters that 'getting to the meetings means your life'.

At around the same time, I did work experience when I was 15. I had to get up at 6am so I missed the Tuesday book study and Thursday meeting one week. On Sunday, some of the 'friends' looked at me as if I'd committed a crime!

The WTS is now cleverly and slickly marketed but I think some things stay the same with this cult. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit