DO said:

by googlemagoogle 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Physically, at least 50% leave. Emotionally and/or intellectually, the number is 80% and up, in my experience.

I was always Stumbled™ by JW's that were my age that had been raised in it. It was obvious that most of them were there because of inertia and family ties, and nothing else. Some of them even seemed to say -- in so many words -- "you converted to this religion??"

• upside/down
    upside/down
    Based on that logic, my dad is effectively punishing me for his own failing.

Now THAT'S profound! I love it.

u/d

• carla
  • Jordan
    Jordan

Actually, looking at the people that grew up with me in my congo, I can only think of one other person aside from me that doesn't go anymore, maybe two, but that leaves about 90% still there, and most of them are into their 20s now.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Any thoughts on where scholar and defd fit into the statistics?

• willyloman
    willyloman
    looking at the people that grew up with me in my congo, I can only think of one other person aside from me that doesn't go anymore, maybe two, but that leaves about 90% still there, and most of them are into their 20s now.

On the other hand, we reviewed an old KH family phone list recently from our former congo which was FULL of kids (nearly 100 under the age of 18 at one time). My now-grown daughter responded as I ticked off the names. About 2/3 of the kids she grew up with were no longer active in the JW organization, and most of the rest of them were what you'd call "weak." There were four who went to Bethel, but only one of them is still in the truth (and he doesn't live in New York anymore). The were at least 20 who pioneered; only one continues to pioneer today.

I'm not saying that's typical, but it brings the average in your congo way down.

There is clearly something wrong with an org whose retention rates are this low.

• Jordan
    Jordan

I guess the kids in my congo are just too spineless to make a stand...

• upside/down
    upside/down
    a DO announced a meeting for brothers interested in attending the MT School. No one attended.

What? No "carrot" takers....

u/d(of the thinks "Babylon's waters" are dried up class)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

defd/Derrick wasn't raised in it - he's an adult convert

• upside/down
    upside/down
    he's an adult convert

As was I...

u/d(of the eyes wide open and still fell for it class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit