DO said:

by googlemagoogle 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

DO said, 20 years ago some 10% of raised young witnesses left "the truth". now it's about 50%. that's 50% too many he said.

i agreed. 50% too many that stay.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think the percentage is mostlikely higher...thinking about all of those I grew up with.

• upside/down
    upside/down

At our District Convention about 10 years ago in Lincoln Nebraska...they EMPHATICALLY said that 70% of all Dub spawn....would leave Jojoba by their 21st B-day.

Had all the youth (under 21) stand up and then said this....look around... now pick three out of ten of your friends...that's all that will make it.

Then blamed the family "heads" for not having an effective family "study" and for not "inculcating" the "truth" into their spawn.

I was there and heard it with my own ears...TEN YEARS AGO...

It's gotta be worse....YEAH!!!

u/d

• pratt1
    pratt1

I agree with mrsjones.

More than 50% of my peers are no longer witlessesand the ones that are are just barely there.

Probably labeled "spiritually weak".

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Then blamed the family "heads" for not having an effective family "study" and for not "inculcating" the "truth" into their spawn.

One of the things my parents did right

Thank you Mom and Dad for being spiritually weak! You rock!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

They are very afraid of this. The past few years nearly all growth has been from pop increase in the org and now that is dwindling.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/91267/1.ashx

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

This excuse was used when a DO announced a meeting for brothers interested in attending the MT School. No one attended. It's always the family "Heads" fault.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Several similar threads on this forum in the past have suggested dub families lose well over 50% of their "youths" and the figure is a lot higher when you factor in all the young dubs who are just going thru the motions to keep peace in the family. Physically, at least 50% leave. Emotionally and/or intellectually, the number is 80% and up, in my experience.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Compound this with the fact that some young(er) couples are still waiting for the new system to have children, which means the Society should be wetting itself by now.

Have they said in print, over the last 10 years or so, encouraging couples to have children? I know when I was growing up, it was inculcated into me that it would be better to raise offspring in Paradise than in this wicked wicked world. In fact, right before I got married, both my wife and I used this same reasoning(when I was still mentally in)........we are still childless today.

I'm surprised that the Society isn't encouraging mass births within families as do the Mormons. If you have 6 kids, your chances are pretty good that at least 2 or 3 will become good little jdubs.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Very interesting considering my dad is shunning me for leaving the WTS. Based on that logic, my dad is effectively punishing me for his own failing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit