How did you come to JWD ?

by oldflame 26 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Doing some internet research on the name Jehovah. Found Randel Watters site. Thought: "Stinking apostates, this should be good for a laugh" Linked here from there. Realized I was a stinking apostate too.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Realized I was a stinking apostate too

And what a restful odor it is!

I believe the Almighty Google led me here, a bit over a year ago. I was already out of the org mentally, but there was alot of tidying up to do that the site helped me with.

Dave

• Dansk
    Dansk

When I exited and was still in turmoil ISP suggested I come here, so I did. However, the first post I read contained lots of F words and I immediately thought about the JWs being right when they say apoststaes are bitter and twisted. I told ISP and he suggested I tried again, so I did and after reading posts which I could identify with I stayed around.

Just goes to show that when we first leave we might still be feeling really down and vulnerable - it's like being in mourning - and the last thing we want is to come across a post containing foul language. I understand such language now, of course, because many are still hurting inside, but it can be so offputting for newbies.

As has already been mentioned, this site really is a godsend, a real life-saver! It is so comforting to find that, not just hundreds, but literally thousands of others feel the same way; they've been through the same pain. Many were also in the Org., a lot longer than my 19 years.

I, too, have made some great friends here. Their love is completely unconditional, something I hadn't known for 19 years! And now that I'm sick, this board has come into its own with so many people here picking me up by my bootstraps!

I'm only sorry the internet and this site weren't available 19 years ago. I could have saved myself a massive amount of pain and anguish. As it is, many others WILL be saved by coming here. Our contributions, based on our experiences in the Org., can be of genuine help to others seeking help and a way out. So, we haven't wasted our years in Watchtower, we've been building up volumes of important information on the cult. Information that can quite literally save the lives of thousands of similarly injured souls. That's another jolly good reason for coming here!

Ian

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I'm only sorry the internet and this site weren't available 19 years ago. I could have saved myself a massive amount of pain and anguish. As it is, many others WILL be saved by coming here.

But Ian, would you have been "ready"? We can have all the info in front of us, as MOST JWs do, but many are just not "ready". I know I wasn't. Timing is everything. I was ready to be here when I showed up.

Good to see you post my friend!

Love to ya,

Andi

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I found it through Freeminds.org

• delilah
    delilah

My friend Mary kept telling me about this site, and when we finally got the internet, I joined....and I'm sure glad I did!!!!

• oldflame
    oldflame

Dansk, Hey ol' boy I hope your feeling better these day's, of all the post here I appreciate yours the most because I know how it is when your feeling down and yet you still come here and make your contributions.

Thanks be to everyone else too, maybe we should make a thank you thread to simon for this site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit