How did you come to JWD ?

by oldflame 26 Replies latest jw friends

• oldflame
    oldflame

I came to JWD back in 2001, I was under a different name then. I do not remember if I was introduced by Gumby who is a dear friend of mine or if I had found this site through Freeminds.org I was when I first came here pretty bitter as I went through pure hell with the JW faith and my family who are JW.

I was ready for a fight, and ready to rip anyones head off if they crossed me wrong. I was bitter at the religion for almost fooling me twice as I was a Mormon in my teenage years.

Today I am much calmer and more relaxed than then. There is not much that can make me upset and I have gotten over the lies I was taught. I believe in God and Christ and have a deep passion for the life Christ gave for me. Today I am at peace with myself and my faith.

Whats your story ?

• gumby
    gumby

I can't remember for sure but I think I was introduced to ex-witness sites first by seeing internet sites in various books I'd began reading at the Christian book store. David Reed may have mentioned ex-witness sites(perhaps his own) in his " Index of Watchtower Errors" book or perhaps some other book I read. I may have been introduced to the internet by Lori Magreggor when I called " 1-800 Why 1914?....but don't remember for sure.

Freeminds was my first stop for quite awhile and Randy's site had links to other sites. JWD didn't exist when I first exited and H2o was the hot site at the time. I was too chicken to post there and didn't post on JWD either for quite some time till I had the nerve. So, I guess I'm not sure how the ex-dub internet sites started with me......but, I can tell ya.... it was an apostate bastard who was responsible one way or the other.

Gumby

• Robdar
    Robdar

My marriage was failing and I was very lonely. I wanted to try to find that "something" that I felt that I had lost along the way. I was thinking of going back to the hall because when I was younger, I found much comfort there. I left the JW's over doctrine and hoped that perhaps "new light" had brought about some changes in the org. I didn't want to tell my parents what I was thinking because I didn't want to get their hopes up about me returning. I typed "Jehovahs witness" in the search engine and came across JWD. This site saved me from making a terrible mistake.

• Spectre
    Spectre

When I first got my computer a little over two years ago I think I found this site and only barely checked it out. I bookmarked the site a few weeks ago when Fark had a link to the site and I signed up and started posting very soon after that.

I am no longer a religious person at all. I no longer believe the bible at all. I do read a lot of the topics here that do deal with those topics for old times sake though.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I found this site via Randy's site @ Freeminds I followed a link and lurked for months before I finally got the nerve to register and I only registered because I really wanted to go into chat but if I remember right you had to register to go into chat back then. I do remember that I was literally shaking when I registered, lol!

I had left the B'org a year before and JWD wasn't totally an X-JW board when I first started reading it I was a bit hesitant to associate with Apostates but they sure made the active JW's look stupid. It didn't take me long to take the Apostate plunge.

Oh btw nice to meet you oldflame, yer bud Gumby is a cool dude even if he does call us at odd hours of the day and night.

• knot4me
    knot4me

I have been out for 6 years now and have stuggled with depression, self-esteem and all the typical ex-JW CRAP. It never occured to me that there were a number of us out here and there would be a place to find comfort, reasurance and healing. Which I am greatfull for!! So anyway, one day I had prayed to GOD to help me heal and get over so much crap that I had been through and it suddenly entered my mind to type in JW on my google search, and up popped JWD!!!! GOD works in mysterious ways. For those of you completely soured by religion, believe me I was also there. But please, PLEASE don't give up in GOD!!!! He or She did not intend for it to be the way the JW's think it is!! Love and Hugs Maggie

• searcher
    searcher

Around 2001 I got my first computer, also at that time I became fascinated by the origins of religion and decided to reasearch them. I was attending various branches of the christian religion as the obvious place to start. The JW's knocked on my door during this period and I thought I would 'sign up' for a study to see what they had to say. I quickly found that 'something' in what they said didnt sit right, so I decided to go online, type in 'Jehovahs Witnesses' into a search engine to try and find what 'the other side' said. JWD was one of the links that popped in, I came, I read, (people like Amazing, AlanF, Farkel etc. Also posters experiences) and I soon saw that what the JW's were telling me, bore very little reseblence to what was being said by most who had been a part of that organisation. As you can tell from my post count, I have never posted much, however, I did discover the chat room, going in there has had a profound effect on my life, I have made many great friends here and am so grateful to the site for that.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I simply looked up ex-jw's on google I think and here i am!

• Sirona
    Sirona

I joined here 4 years ago TODAY

I had emailed Randy at Freeminds and he directed me here.

Sirona

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I had like so many others, suffered for years with depression and self-esteem issues. I had not been to a meeting for more than 15 years, but I was still bothered by so much from my past. Things I wouldn't even talk about to my therapist or my husband.

I had some stocks split and sold them...I then used this "found money" to buy my first computer. The same day....in the privacy of my room with no one around....and my heart beating out of my chest, I typed in Jehovah's Witnesses. I quickly found this site and joined.

A year later....after being on anti-depressents for more than 20 years, I realized I wasn't depressed at all. I felt free and alive...I was still alive. Woo Hoo...and I'm still here.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit