astrology and compatibility with your mate....a grain of truth???

by kid-A 46 Replies latest social entertainment

• kid-A
    kid-A

Let me start off by saying I DONT believe in astrology and most certainly not horoscopes. Having said that, I have often considered the real possibility that the time and season of the year we are born in can dramatically influence our pre-natal development and the resulting personality, I dont think this has anything to do with "stars" or cosmology, but we do know that babies born in certain seasons or months are more prone to certain illnesses, temperaments etc.

I'm an Aries and had a really lousy relationship with a "cancer" for many years. She always pointed out that ALL of the compatibility charts state that aries and cancers are fundamentally incompatible and it turned out....she was right!! LOL

My wife is a LEO, and according to all the reports I have read we are perfect for each other on all dimensions (and so far....lol.....this has proven VERY true!!!)

So, what is your experience? ANy possibility that the season/month of our births somehow affect our personality development and ultimately WHO we will be compatible with OR

is all just a big SELF-FULFILLING prophecy???

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm a gemini married to a taurus and from what I've read about our astrological compatibility we arent even supposed to be attracted to each other let alone even be married for almost 13 years! lol

• kid-A
    kid-A

Whoo-hooo!!! We got a 4/4 rating!!! LOL

Leo and Aries:The future will be paved an intense sexual attraction and enough healthy challenges to keep both mentally and physically satisfied. It is highly possible for these two to form a long-term relationship. Together they will gain prestige and could make a fortune. Both will need to tone down aggressiveness because both will display emotional confrontations if neglected. Aries should work on giving Leo the royal treatment and vice versa. If you are looking for a satisfying sex life, look no further. Both signs can match each other’s intensity and they will share strong compatibility in and out of the bedroom. The prognosis is very good for sex and very possible for marriage.

Compatibility rating: ****

Rating System:

****It doesn’t get any better than this! Go for it!
    ***This sign can teach you more about sex and love relationships.
    **Think twice because you may live to regret it.
    *What were you thinking?
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm curious now, where did you find the rating system?

• kid-A
    kid-A

Here's your report Mrs. Jones!!! Now, is it true?? LOL

http://www.sexualastrology.com/sexual_compatibility_gemini_taurus.html

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I've semi-studied astrology for many many years now. I feel there is a grain of truth when it comes to a persons total chart for personality types and relationships.

When it comes to compatibility there are so many factors, the it's not just the stars, but background and attitude that all go into the "mix".

Im a triple Sag. Kev is a quadruple Libra - and for him, everything that is libra comes out in him! For me Venus is in Libra - a good connecting point for us.

Sagittarius and Libra:Libra is ruled by Venus and is very seductive and classy. Libra’s effortless beauty and social graces are what Sagittarius secretly desires. These two will share lots of laughter together and hit the hottest parties. It will seem like a constant party. Sagittarius provides substance and intensity to Libra. The attraction could lead to marriage. Libra could find Sagittarius aggressiveness a bit extreme for his or her tastes.

This relationship gets better with time. The potential for sex is very good. Libra will help Sagittarius get a home and together they will travel. Family issues will dominate over time. Marriage is very possible. A strong attraction will survive any emotional dramas or showdowns. Sagittarius must work on loyalty if they want Libra to stick around. Libra will flee infidelity quicker than other signs tend to.

(this is pretty much where our relationship is today)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

uh hm the highlighted parts are true

Gemini and Taurus:Taurus loves a sexual challenge and Gemini is very sexy to Taurus. Ruled by Mercury, Geminis have beauty and brains. Taurus is an earth sign. Taurus is grounded and needs security that Gemini may not provide over time. This can drive Taurus to a breaking point. There is potential here as long as both are seeking drama, sporadic separations and dramatic reunions. To make this one work, Taurus should provide Gemini lots of freedom and Gemini will have to tone down his or her carefree ways. Taurus should remain a mystery to Gemini for best results. Sex can be either horrible or amazing. This union is best for a one-night stand. Both signs will need to make many compromises if a long-term relationship is desired.
    Compatibility rating: **

Ah hell, I should highlight the whole damn thing! Maybe that's why hubby is always chasing me

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

OKAY...SO EXPLAIN THIS...

I have never, and I mean NEVER investigated astrology prior to looking at this thread. My wife is Aquarius, I am Libra (I bet some astrologists could have guessed from my posts).

I wrote down a brief sketch of our relationship before trying this, just so a Web site could not twist me into finding comparisons in my relationship that are simply not there. Here's what I wrote down:

We have an excellent relationship, very trusting and nurturing, full of life and people and play.
    The hiccups are when she becomes reclusive and retreats. Nothing in our relationship indicates that would be expected and it always throws me off. She never has an explanation for these periods of seclusion, but I always ask for one. Why? I dunno.

I first had to search to find out what our astrological signs were (I didn't even know), then I typed in "astrology aquarius libra" into Google and clicked the second link:

http://www.astrology-online.com/lisunaq.htm

I am entirely freaked OUT by this, and I don't freak out easily. Maybe there is some merit to your hypothesis, kid-A! Need some intellectual grounding over here, please...

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

Trying the one you posted now, kid-A.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Libra and Aquarius:

Libra will find the love they have been looking for with Aquarius. Aquarius will see adventure, excitement and relief from boredom with beautiful and charming Libra. Together, these two can build a sexual relationship that will grow warmer over time. There will be “instant” attraction that escalates to an “undying” attraction when these two meet and hook up for the first time. This relationship could start out fast and stay that way forever. Libra will conclude that Aquarius is the only one for them and vice versa. The sooner these two get a room, the better off everyone will be. Go for it, Libra! This relationship most likely will lead to a long-term love. Aspects for a marriage are extremely good.

We were married three months after we started dating and have been delightedly (thrillingly) enthralled with each other ever since. There has to be something going on here...that couldn't be an accidental guess...and the other one cautioning about the relationship problem I identified was spookily right on the money.
    sooner these two get a room, the better off everyone will be

That sounds like a quote from a letter she sent me one week before we were married. Almost 8 years in and still going strong, no signs of letup.

WOW,
    OldSoul

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's the demons, oldsoul. That is freaky, though.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit