Halloween

by bikerchic 24 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

It's good to see others are into Halloween. I remember when I had decided that I would celebrate the holidays Halloween was one I thought I would exclude because of the demons, LOL.

There ain't no demonz is there? LOL

Well I'm totally looking forward to having the grand kids help with hanging my pumpkin lights, carving Jack-o-lanterns, making ghost to hang in the trees, oh yeah I bought a huge spider we'll hang on the front porch in one of those fake webs, ooh scary! We also bought a three-D lighted Halloween thing to put outside on the porch. It should look festive, I can't wait!

• I quit!
    I quit!

I will do the what I always do. Hand out candy and watch TV. I used to live in a neighborhood that really got into it but the one I live in now doesn't really do anything for Halloween.

I aways had a lot of fun when I was a kid on Halloween, but then again I wasn't raised as JW.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

halloween is one of the customs the industry here adopted from america recently. as if we don't have our own culture here. that's why i hate it. i'll give hell to any child that dares come knocking.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I Q:

I aways had a lot of fun when I was a kid on Halloween, but then again I wasn't raised as JW.

Lucky you! A few times as a kid I snuck out and trick-or-treated it was cool being able to hide behind a mask and seem like all the other kids.

I hated being different. One reason I'm so glad my grand kids aren't being raised JW's, they can be normal kids having fun!

• gumby
    gumby

I think yer all a buncha satan worshippin, heathen apostate actin, demon luvin, jehovah hatin, spiritually raped, scripture violatin bastards who's goin down when armageddon comes!

*jealous,.... cuz he hides with his dub wife and goes to the movies on Halloween*

Gumby

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    I think yer all a buncha satan worshippin, heathen apostate actin, demon luvin, jehovah hatin, spiritually raped, scripture violatin bastards who's goin down when armageddon comes!

You say that like it's a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad thang.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I remember one year on Halloween (I think I was about 6) my mother made candy apples. My parents forgot to turn off the porchlight so of course we got trick-or-treaters. Doorbell rings, I answer the door (lord knows why I was allowed to answer the door - I dont even let my own kids answer the door, different time I guess) with candy apple in hand, actively eating it. The kids say "trick or treat" and I say "we dont celebrate Halloween", the kids say "what is that then?" pointing to the candy apple.

I really don't remember what I said to that, but I sure do remember feeling stupid about it.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

My kids will be Tinkerbell and Dash (Incredibles). I don't have a costume yet since Disney is out of Mrs.Incredible. I've done something on halloween my entire life minus the dub years, so this is the first for my kids.

I'm hoping Batgirl is still available.

• Mulan
    Mulan

My parents became JW's when I was 4, but I remember hating trick or treating. I was really shy back then, and was so embarrassed to say the words. I went with my brother and he made me say it too.

Now, I buy candy and have an electric lit jack o lantern I put on a table in the front window so kids will come. We don't have many children in our neighborhood anymore, but we still get quite a few kids, especially teenagers.

Two years ago we went to Florida for a big apostofest Halloween party. That was great! Here we are in our costumes. It's kind of dark, but I had on a long black wig.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I miss trick or treating with my son. Grandbabies, when they come, will be nice. I can't wait to take them out trick or treating. Until then, I am having fun by going to the haunted houses. I am also attending a pumpkin carving party on the 22nd. I may also do a little "ghost bustin'" with a local group.

Robyn

*B/C has gotten me all worked up for grandbabies*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit