Halloween

by bikerchic 24 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I'm excited this year about Halloween! In the years past I've decorated my front door so it would look inviting for the trick-or-treaters to come to but never got really involved beyond handing out candy. Last year I had totally forgotten about it we were moving so I ran out and got some candy and put up a door decoration, left the porch light on and NO ONE CAME!!! Guess who ate the candy?

Well this year my grandkids are visiting!! YAY! We are going to decorate the house together and I've gotten costumes for them to wear along with face paint. They are looking forward to it and so am I.

So what are you all doing for Halloween this year?

• Jordan
    Jordan

I'll probably go out with the guys, get wasted, and dress up as a were wolf. But we'll see...

• JH
    JH

When I was a kid, I used to love halloween . I don't see many kids around here during halloween going door to door anymore.

I should get dressed as a JW with my bible in hand and go door to door for candy

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I hated halloween as a JW youth. All my freinds had so much fun and candy that seemed to last a lifetime. Meanwhile I was reduced to go to the meeting in a collar and tie. If it fell on a non meeting night I could sit in a dark room with out any lite on and look out the window at the drones of children in costumes having fun and collecting sweets. It was torture.

As an adult I have fun taking my children. I also have a blast carving pumpkins, Im damn good at it too. But my wife always takes over in planning the kids costumes and kind of leaves me in the back seat. So I suppose I still have some halloween issures.

• Purza
    Purza

Yesterday I remembered that I had purchased orange lights last year. I pulled them out of the box and put them up on my front porch. (Hey, after living oppressed for more than 20 years I will use ANY reason to put up lights)

I bought a scarecrow at Michaels' yesterday and put out some pumpkins -- just to get into the autum mood.

As Halloween falls on a Monday this year, we will probably stay home and watch Monday Night Football while handing out candy.

Purza

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Monday night football doesn't start till 9:00 p.m. They trick or treat in your neighborhood that late?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I gotta go out and get some pumkins

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Halloween falls on a Monday, a business day. Every year our office has an "all day long" Halloween Party that begins when we open up in the morning and ends when we close up in the evening. It's a lot of fun and the office is completely decorated. There is lots of food and non-alcoholic drinks.

We have customers and employees that come in all day long to join us and most of the staff dress in costume. This year I'm a pirate.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Meh why do I have to have classes the next day? I definitely think taking notes with a good hangover is character building though. It's also my friend's bday on halloween and inherently our favorite holiday so we're going to go out and have a blast. Too old to trick or treat but old enough to drink ftw. I do wish Id at least gotten to trick or treat once as a kid just to say that Id done it. Leaving at 18 kind of disadvantages you that way. Though Im petite maybe I could pretend to be big for my age.

• Purza
    Purza
    Monday night football doesn't start till 9:00 p.m. They trick or treat in your neighborhood that late?

MNF starts at 6 p.m. here in California. Just about the time the kiddies are coming around.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit