Why is the month of October Special to JWs

by skin 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

The Jewish secular year starts at the beginning of the month of Tishri (it's the seventh month of the sacred year), which runs from the middle of September to the middle of October. The beginning of the Biblical year is counted as starting from that point by the WTS. It explains why the service year starts in September and not in January and why the Annual Meeting is held the first weekend in October.

Know Jehovah book chap. 15 p. 286 The Watchman Lives to Get the Report ***

The time would come out the same if, as some do, we count year twelve from the Jewish New Year, Tishri 1, of 607 B.C.E.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

It was on October 2, 1914 that Russell announced to the Bethel "family": "The Gentile Times have ended, their kings have had their day".

I seem to recall them believing Adam was created in October (4026 BCE) as well.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's the candy corn!

http://www.jamesshuggins.com/h/web1/background_colors.htm

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

My parents taught me that Halloween was the demons response to distract people from what is really happening within the heavenly realm.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Those damn pesky deemunz are so tricky...

Good thing we have the WTS to keep us on the straight and narrow road to oblivion.

u/d

• lawrence
    lawrence

The month of Tishri which falls during the months of September and October on the Gregorian calendar, is the busiest time of the year for Jewish holidays. In the month of Tishri, there are a total of 13 days of special religious significance, 7 of them holy days on which work is not permitted.

The rabbis believed the creation of man happened in Tishri, and the holy days given to Moses were in Tisri, so fake prophets would use that month for their false dating into the future. What a bunch of pecker heads!

• pratt1
    pratt1

The WTS fiscal year begins in September. Also I believe that pioneers count their time from Sept. thru August.

I once worked on the insurance placement for all of the WTS property and Liabilities and the inception date was Sept..

• defd
    defd

not true

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

It's special because of their unique way of celebrating Halloween. They turn off all the lights and stay really quiet, pretending to be householders in field service, and listen to the knocks on their doors until the last of the footsteps retreat into the distance.

OldSoul

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Both the Watchtower and history teach that WW1 started in July/August 1914.

The WT spin on this is that Satan started WWI before the coronation of Christ to draw the attention of the nations away from the enthronment of Christ in Oct 1914.

Sorry I dont have the refs on this as I'm at werk.

MF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit