Why is the month of October Special to JWs

by skin 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• skin
    skin

Who else has been told that the month of October is a special month because in the past Jehovah has f ulfilled many prophecies in that month.

We have been told this twice in the last 2 book studies.

Examples are: Hand writing on the wall in Daniels Book happened on 5/6th October 539 BCE,

Jesus was born in October 2 BCE,

Kingdom rule started in October 1914, but the most interesting one is that WW1 started in October of that year.Has anyone else been told this?

Both the Watchtower and history teach that WW1 started in July/August 1914.

Maybe it was our book study conductors personal ideas.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Maybe three or four years ago, my mother told me that the end would probably come in an October. She said that many prophecies and other "things of importance" usually happened in October. "I feel that it is a significant month with Jehovah."

I really wonder if only the die-hard JW's think this?

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Because of halloween.

• Sirona
    Sirona

October is definately one of the most important months in the pagan calendar because modern day pagans celebrate "Samhain" on October 31st. It is generally considered to be the pagan New Year.

As for the JWs thinking October is a significant month, they definately do! I remember being told how significant October is supposed to be.

Sirona

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Jehovah's Witnesses Millerite mutation right down to the very ...
    There you have it folks backup confirmation that Jehovah's Witnesses are ...
    in month of October" false prophecy time line comes from William Miller a civil ... LOOK and open your eyes!! Why even the "Armageddon will come in month of October" false prophecy time line comes from William Miller a civil war army captain.

Growing up born a JW I have heard/read that Armaggedon will come in "October" at least a hundred times,(World War one started and Satan cast out in "October")

There is nothing that made me gasp in horror of all WT/JW falsehoods more then this finding that it all came from the Millerite movement.

Yes,the "great disappointment" of Oct 22 1844 has never falted... it lives on in the Seventh day Adventist (who admit it) and the Jehovah's Witnesses who deny it

Must see video clip http://www.dannyhaszard.com/cultvideos.htm
    The Millerites: Armageddon (History Channel) 4 min clip
    This is the highly credible HISTORY CHANNEL (Roger Mudd) not the "apostates" exposing Jehovah's Witnesses as a spin-off of the William Miller movement of 1844

• carla
    carla

So if we get through October are we good for the rest of the year? Good grief! and they talk about all the rest of us. Sounds like superstition to me.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    So if we get through October are we good for the rest of the year? Good grief! and they talk about all the rest of us. Sounds like superstition to me.

All my 33 years of dub life including 5 years post exit i would get the fall frantics,what extreme cult mind control.

• AlanB
    AlanB

I left the JW's on the 4th October 1994... 11 Years and 5 days ago.... Not that I am counting.

BTW, I thought WW1 started in August, not October, so how come the war started a few weeks before the 'end of the gentile times and the second coming sign of Christs invisible presence".

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

In the past Bible writings an angel killed 100k's of the enemies army. But Jesus could not take care of business for almost 2 months!!!

what obsurdity! most bible content is a farce!

If you study real archeology, you will see that the bible writings are true to a certain extent... but they always try to explain real events with Godly intervention

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

This sure explains my seasonal depression.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit