People who are mad at jw's. Should be mad at the bible?

by What_is_ur_point 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• What_is_ur_point
    What_is_ur_point

I never said that the bible was a book of rules....

I said it was a serious book.. Actually the book of Psalms has better empathy.

God's laws aren't burdensome.

i simply raised a question.. are people mad at the jw's or the bible? indirectly. which is it. i didn't need any help with personal study.

I know what the bible teaches. hense the reason why iam disfellowshipped.

• What_is_ur_point
    What_is_ur_point

Well speak for yourself. i love my neighbour as myself. id give my shirt off my back for another person. another person in general dont matter color, religon, conduct. I love people and think there are there own prodigy of there parents. and there parents are there own prodigy of there parents and etc.. I have deep sympathy and empathy and love for EVERY human alive. im very sensitive person i cry for people.. i feel upset when i see on the news if another person is hurt. or a loved one lost in death...

so speak for yourself. when you state people can't love there neighbour. Cause i do..

And how dare you abuse the name of the sovereign lord jehovah. dont be a witness who cares. dont believe in the bible who cares. but in every one's bible there's the name of god looking you straight in the eyes.. "whats your proof behind your accusation"

and i have faith. were saved by not faith alone but by undeserved kindness also brought up in the watchtower. saying that faith is good.. but god saves not by faith but by undeserved kindness...

The devil's greatest trick was to pretend to the world he disapeared...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Coming back to the original Q, do we blame the WT or the bible??

Consider, The Bible has moved man for 2000 years . It has been used to oppress,( They lied and said that black people were descended from cursed Ham). It has been used to develop a way of life and legal system based on aspiring to justice and "Neighbour love" .

I am saying that a book can be used for good or for bad, like a knife.

To anyone recently cast outside by the Borg, use this opportunity to really research the organisation. If you plan to go back then there will never be a another time. Check it , prove it , from all sources. If it is really true then it will stand any test .

"The truth is out there, Mulder" - lets make sure we find it, otherwise as Paul wrote "We are men most of all to be pitied" 1Cor 15.19

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

The bible has spawned many destructive cults, and caused many to destroy in the name of god, I.E. Salem witch trials, Spanish inq. the crusades, and many more, but so has the Koran, It is not "the bible" alone, this is just one of many interments that people seem to glam onto in there feeble search for some meaning to life.

It is religion in all forms, that is the problem, when you have one person or group of people that gives out info from god or so they say, than you have gas, and are smoking, and you will cause trouble.

We need to teach secular humanism, "if it is going to happen we are going to do it." in school, what good has praying ever done, did god help the Jew's in Nazi Germany? Did hovah ever do one dam thing to help any body? Hell no, That is because you may as well be praying to the Easter bunny, GOD IS ONLY PRETEND

You who have left one cult and traded it in for another have not achieved your freedom, only when you cast off this primal urge to have a big boy in the sky can you be free, Man invented god out of need to understand, we now have science, and it is understanding with out god, and as we learn more and more, we find that god was not behind this and than, and the concept of god becomes less and less important to thinking people,

There will always be small minded people who can not accept the idea that some one is not watching over them, You can pray all you want, but good and bad things happen to all people, This is much like the fortune tellers of the world, little minds go to them and and pay big $ to get a reading, when something happens that was foretold they count it as a hit, when it is a miss, they over look it, same with god, when they pray and they get the new socks they need, god provided, when they don't, well god is giving them a test to over come.

I know I am not the only one here who sees this as utter bullshit, I keep a couple of bibles as ref, for people who believe, but would it not be a wonderful world if every one put their Koran and bible and what ever other cult book they had in the dumpster torched it left such book in the library and lived for oneanother? Can you imagine if instead of printing more bibles and towers if people worked to rebuild homes, and create jobs, and helped the people who needed help. made them feel like they belonged to the human family? instead of passing them by or handing them a worthless pamphlet? or worse yet a bible? Would this solve all our problems? No but it would go a long way on the right road, The bible is a worthless book "books" of worthless stories that have anecdotal truth's, Where ever you are in life it is because of you not GOD.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

What_is_ur_point

.. the bible is a set of instructions set before mankind.
    I never said that the bible was a book of rules....

Very true - but what do you call instructions that are said to result in punishment if not followed ?

• jgnat
    jgnat

You might want to hang out with us for six months or so. It is going to be mighty lonely at the Kingdom Hall with all those unpunished fornicators not speaking to you.

Which brings us to the rules around shunning. Are they biblical? How long did the prodigal son's father put him on restriction?

• findingmyway
    findingmyway

The preacher today talked about how he wished that every person striving to find truth can experience a similar "Damascus" light that Saul experienced when he realized that in all his spiritual zeal, he was actually upholding rituals and practices that were not scriptural. That brought a tear to my eyes and moved me to dig deeper. Today, I found these sites with info on the background on the origin of the JW faith. This site references a book that discusses the origin of Jehovah's Witnesses. I didn't know that it was a spin-off of the Adventist Church. (http://www.adventistu.baznica.lv/en/news-anr-19970801_en.php) A short history of the Watchtower Organization (http://www.adventistu.baznica.lv/en/news-anr-19970801_en.php) More bizarre facts: http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/russellprophet.htm

I am definitely going to purchase the Crisis of Conscience book this week.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

what,

i assume that this quote is directed at me, though i had to guess as you did not address it to any body.

and i also do not get your sense of punctuation. you have periods where there should be none, and no periods or commas where there should be some. it makes it difficult to respond to you if i cannot tell what you're saying. for example, there is a big difference between: "dont believe in the bible who cares." and "don't believe in the bible. who cares?!"

Well speak for yourself. i love my neighbour as myself. id give my shirt off my back for another person. another person in general dont matter color, religon, conduct. I love people and think there are there own prodigy of there parents. and there parents are there own prodigy of there parents and etc.. I have deep sympathy and empathy and love for EVERY human alive. im very sensitive person i cry for people.. i feel upset when i see on the news if another person is hurt. or a loved one lost in death...

so speak for yourself. when you state people can't love there neighbour. Cause i do..

would you travel to afganistan just to give the shirt off your back to osama bin laden? it's cold up there in the mountains, and he may need it.

it's nice that you care about your fellow man. but i have more questions: do you care about ants? do you use bacterial soap? do you eat meat? if so, you are not loving your neighbor as yourself, as animals share common ancestors with us. therefore, you are obligated to extend the same compassion to these creatures. do you? or is your love only for humans? you see, there are more ways to look at life than in a simple binary and anthropocentric way.

And how dare you abuse the name of the sovereign lord jehovah. dont be a witness who cares. dont believe in the bible who cares. but in every one's bible there's the name of god looking you straight in the eyes.. "whats your proof behind your accusation"

i am afraid to inform you that the burden of proof lies on you, the one who makes the extraordinary claim that jehovah exists, not on me, the one who thinks he doesn't. asking me to prove that god does not exist, or that he is a myth, is a non-starter. i cannot disprove the existence of god any better than i can disprove the existence of a tea kettle orbiting mars. if you wouldn't ask someone to do that, why would you ask them to do it with god? afterall, they have the same probability of likelihood.

but as per how i dare abuse the name of your god? easy. he's a childish, murderous character from a book that was written by a childish, murderous, back-water, middle eastern desert tribe. here are some examples of why i do not hold your dear jehovah in the same reverence as you (not to mention all the disgusting pics of human suffering that i could post if i wanted to):

"And it came to pass, that at midnight the Lord smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle. And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead." Exodus 12:29-30

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Leviticus 20:13

"And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.... And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses." Numbers 15:32-36

"And the Lord said unto Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the Lord against the sun, that the fierce anger of the Lord may be turned away from Israel. And Moses said unto the judges of Israel, Slay ye every one his men that were joined unto Baalpeor." Numbers 25:4

"But of the cities of these people, which the Lord thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth: But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee." Deuteronomy 7:1-2, 20:16-17

"And they warred against the Midianites, as the Lord commanded Moses; and they slew all the males.... And Moses was wroth with the officers of the host, with the captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds, which came from the battle. And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? .... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." Numbers 31

"And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword". Joshua 6:21

"And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the Lord, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the Lord had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter." 1 Samuel 6:19

"And [Elisha] went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them." 2 Kings 2:23-24

"And Amaziah strengthened himself, and led forth his people, and went to the valley of salt, and smote of the children of Seir ten thousand. And other ten thousand left alive did the children of Judah carry away captive, and brought them unto the top of the rock, and cast them down from the top of the rock, that they all were broken in pieces." 2 Chronicles 25:11-12

"Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.... Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished. Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it. Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children." Isaiah 13:9,15-18

"And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the Lord: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them." Jeremiah 13:14

"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up." Hosea 13:16

"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones." ps 137:9

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces." mal 2:3

but don't worry, jesus and allah are just as pathetic in their own childish ways.

and i have faith. were saved by not faith alone but by undeserved kindness also brought up in the watchtower. saying that faith is good.. but god saves not by faith but by undeserved kindness...

let's define faith:

Faith: Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.

this, my dear, is nothing to be proud of.

there is no difference between faith and undeserved kindness, if jehovah does not exist. at that point it's all moot. since you implicitly assert that jehovah exists, then please provide proof for your assertion.

The devil's greatest trick was to pretend to the world he disapeared...

another implicit assertion. please provide your proof that satan even exists. until you can do this, i dare say your statement is moot.

TS

• kid-A
    kid-A

And how dare you abuse the name of the sovereign lord jehovah. !!!!!!

ROFL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, laughing so hard right now envisioning the famous "jehovah! jehovah! jehovah!" scene from the "Life of Brian" !!!!

What SEETHING cognitive dissonance !!! LOL

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Many have started the transition at the same place, exiting from a cult. However, we have all ended at different places. My personal feelings include tremendous anger at the society and at what I consider to be a mythical god. I have no regard towards the bible one way or another. I may end up at a different place, but this is where I am right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit