People who are mad at jw's. Should be mad at the bible?

by What_is_ur_point 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• What_is_ur_point
    What_is_ur_point

the bible is a serious book.

and the bible is a set of instructions set before mankind. i believe being disfellowshipped the second time here makes me feel upset. it would make anyone hurt frustrated or mad. angry looking searching for answers which i am gonna be reading tonite. i have a bible on my bedside. I think that when things are unfair in the society it's not because of jehovah. it's because of imperfection.

there's always 2 sides to every story. take everything as a grain of salt. That is except the bible it's self. I was mad and angry with the elder body who dfd me again.. for the second time. telling me i never learned my lesson. i knew i hadn't and until i was disfellowshipped again i hadn't understood the lesson until i started readling these messages boards and until i started telling all my X jw friends. and anyone who would listen about the upheavels at bethel..

Imperfection. i trust that everything has it's purpose. even the apple seed. the chicken or the egg. subjective. I think that we all have to do a self examination and stop bickering with How our life is now. and try to focus on what life is really about. why we cant stop talking about this. who's right, who's wrong, whos' evil, who's a molester, who's 144.000, who's dfd, who's still in who's still out.

And hearing all these words and knowing about the word of god. and i know fornication is wrong when your not married. and iam not married. and i have to change alot about my life. i won't do it over night. but it doesn't help to obsess what he or she said on these boards. or what brother branch did. or sister headstrong. or pioneer perfection said. We all hold accountabilty living in the last days. make everyday count and my jehovah bless your choices... love you all you know I do..

greatest commandments

Love your neighbour as yourself.

and love jehovah god with your whole heart and mind..

oxox

take care of yourself.. dont be stumbled by a few goats or false prophets..ttyl i had fun on this board..

• steve2
    steve2

Why can't we be mad at both?

• SallySue
    SallySue

I see the question mark at the end of that sentence. The answer is No, do not be mad at the Bible. JW's and the Bible have nothing to do with each other. JW's are a cult, and the Bible is the Word of God. JW's do not follow the Word of God.

Best of luck on your journey of life. I hope you find happiness, but I fear if you return to the JW's you will not.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    the bible is a set of instructions set before mankind

really?

I think that when things are unfair in the society ................. it's because of imperfection.

As a jw, you are taught not to call a spade a spade - I suppose that "because of the imperfection" is one way of saying things - I think I'd prefer "It's because self-interest, gain or self-preservation under the guise and ruse on 'jehovah's will' that they're a notably nasty kind of people at times".

and i know fornication is wrong when your not married. and iam not married.

Who said ? We know that the law is spiritual.. spiritual not literal

We all hold accountabilty living in the last days.

Those people have messed with your head.

Paduan

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The Bible is a collection of books. What people actually do with it is the main problem.

Why be mad at a book? We can be mad at some of the ideas in it, if they are clearly presented, or the people who author or adhere to them to our detriment. But to be mad at any book is a little bizarre, IMHO.

• Daunt
    Daunt

Take everything in stride what_is_ur_point. I agree that life has a purpose but if we don't question where we come from in the first place we might never find a way towards what's good for us. I feel that if you possibly try to understand where you come from then you can really start at a place where you can observe different ways of living and thinking to see what is truly best for you. Ask questions that you might be afraid to ask, that's the only way to get answers that you might never hear otherwise.

With all due respect to the creationists here, I think the Bible is simply a book used to control those who are incapable of dealing with the concept that some things are beyond human comprehension.

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Jesus was about love. The Pharisees were about law. The bible is not a rulebook, it is a historical record.

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Why be mad at JWs? Why be mad at the Bible? Those who get direction from Bethel never really get direction from the Bible.

Watchtower says salvation is through them.........

Salvation by Christ is different then WT salvation....................

km 11/90 Page . 1 Directing Bible Students to Jehovah's Organization

1 Bible students need to get acquainted with the organization of the "one flock" Jesus spoke about at John 10:16. They must appreciate that identifying themselves with Jehovah's organization is essential to their salvation. (Rev. 7:9, 10, 15) Therefore, we should start directing our Bible students to the organization as soon as a Bible study is established.

One needn't need an organization..........

Watchtower 9/15/1993 Page. 22

They Compassionately Shepherd the Little Sheep

(4) Like sheep that get injured, some Christians have been hurt by what they perceive to be offensive conduct. Yet, if we are forgiving toward others, our heavenly Father will grant us needed forgiveness. (Colossians 3:12-14; 1 Peter 4:8) Some brothers or sisters may have received counsel or discipline that they felt was unjust. However, all of us can benefit from spiritual counsel and discipline, and it is comforting to know that Jehovah disciplines those for whom he has love. (Hebrews 12:4-11) Because they have not been given privileges of service for which they feel qualified, others have allowed resentment to create a rift between them and the congregation. But if we were to draw away from Jehovah's organization, there would be no place else to go for salvation and true joy.

There's always Christ to go too............

The Watchtower says:

"show our respect for Jehovah's organization, for she is our mother and the beloved wife of our heavenly Father, Jehovah God." (The Watchtower - May 1, 1957)

"Put faith in a victorious organization." (The Watchtower - March 1, 1979)

"come to Jehovah's organization for salvation." (The Watchtower - November 15, 1981)

"...stay by the faithful organization. How else can one get Jehovah's favor and blessing." (The Watchtower - July 15, 1996)

"gratitude for each and every blessing that we undeservedly receive from Jehovah and his organization." (The Watchtower - February 15, 1997

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Neither is there salvation in any other;for there is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved."(Acts 4:12}

"Wherefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him a name which is above every name,That are the name of Jesus every knee should bow of things in heaven,and things in the earth,and things under the earth.And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,to the glory of God the Father."(Philippians 2:9-11)

Romans 10:8-12,is good too.So the Watchtower has no authority to save..................

So you see..it's the watchtower that requires you to follow them not Christ.

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

And just one more htought...it's through scripture we come to know Christ.....and Christ is who I lay my faith in...not man

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit