I need some help/advice :-(

by rr8483 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Hey Carla,

If he is being secretive now is that a red flag?

Just trying to clarify.

I hate it when the post fails so I repost only to double post.

CYP

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I would advise you to get things out in the open and to investigate thoroughly what hes involved in.

I do hope that things work out though...

DB74

• M.J.
    M.J.

I'm a guy who was in a similar situation to yours several years ago. I can attest that CYP is right on target in his assesment. My then-girlfriend was SECRETIVE about her involvement with the JWs. In fact she didn't let the cat out of the bag until well into our relationship. At the time she was NOT active in "the truth" and was very conflicted about it all. But she never wavered in her belief that it was God's one true religion. She planned on getting back on track with it eventually, despite our "agreement" that we would put aside our loyalties to seek out the truth together. Long story short, we eventually married and the one event that shocked her back in was the arrival of our first child. She specifically told me that she did not want her child to die in Armageddon so she HAD to go back. That's the honest truth.

Now, as a guy, I can attest that in a relationship I always tended to steer very clear from serious discussions. I have always put things like that on the back burner. You HAVE to force the issue to make him come clean. Don't bury this issue under the carpet because it is a very serious matter. Being a spouse to someone in the WTS is not a good situation. Better to be strong and stick to your better judgement now than to be caught in an impossible situation permanently (when kids are involved).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit