I need some help/advice :-(

by rr8483 32 Replies latest jw friends

• rr8483
    rr8483

Thanks for all your help and advice, anything new to add please feel free I'd appreciate it!

RR

• jgnat
    jgnat

On the off chance that this boy is sincere as could be, he must be internally conflicted. No more lala "If I pretend the problem isn't there it will go away." It's time for him to be a man. You could help know that if he wants your relationship to go anywhere, he has to start opening up to you. What does he see himself doing in five years? Does he want children? How will you raise them? Are you in the picture, his parents too? What does he think Jehovah's will for his life is? Does that match is own dreams and aspirations?

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Good stuff JGnat!

Another thought is to try to determine his level of commitment to the idea that jw are one true religion.

Ask him "...on a scale from 1 to 10, how sure are you that the jw are the one true religion?"

Depending on his answer, you might next ask "Have you ever considered that it might not be the right one?".

And maybe the most important one, "If it wasn't, would you want to know?"

Or even "Have you ever looked at information that might suggest jw aren't the right religion?"

"If I found some information that seemed to prove that they were not, would you want me to show it to you?"

Here is a great one, "Have you ever talked to any former witnesses?" "Would you want to?"

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Don't any of you recall hiding your ministry bag up your coat?

He could well be totally embarrassed by any associations with the WTS.

My spidy-sense is tingling...

• carla
    carla

If he is already being secretive that should be a red flag for you. The jw's will promote lying, and deceiving an unbelieving spouse. Even if he doesn't go back now, if you do not get this straightened out now it will come back to bite

• carla
    carla

If he is already being secretive that should be a red flag for you. The jw's will promote lying, and deceiving an unbelieving spouse. Even if he doesn't go back now, if you do not get this straightened out now it will come back to bite

• carla
    carla

If he is already being secretive that should be a red flag for you. The jw's will promote lying, and deceiving an unbelieving spouse. Even if he doesn't go back now, if you do not get this straightened out now it will come back to bite you at

• carla
    carla

If he is already being secretive that should be a red flag for you. The jw's will promote lying, and deceiving an unbelieving spouse. Even if he doesn't go back now, if you do not get this straightened out now it will come back to bite you

• carla
    carla

If he is already being secretive that should be a red flag for you. The jw's will promote lying, and deceiving an unbelieving spouse. Even if he doesn't go back now, if you do not get this straightened out now it will come back to bite you at a

• carla
    carla

If he is already being secretive that should be a red flag for you. The jw's will promote lying, and deceiving an unbelieving spouse. Even if he doesn't go back now, if you do not get this straightened out now it will come back to bite you at a later

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit