They are giving my kids notebooks for the special assembly. Why?

by Check_Your_Premises 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Now if they were only giving them to my children, I would raise cain, because it is an obvious attempt to imply that they have to provide what I am not. It is also an influence ploy, in that by giving them a gift, it obligates them to use the gift.

But they gave them to all the kids and everyone at the book study. The sweet part was that I actually showed up. I never do. So mr fancy pants didn't have a notebook for me. Like I cared. He said it was because he didn't think I would be there. The thing is, he had one for my son who is never there either.

So are they giving these out JUST so they can give them to my kids since I am a lousy unbelieving mate? Or is this whole giving out notebooks jw standard operating procedure.

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

I have never heard of it before.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Are these special notebooks? For note taking at the special assembly? Were the kids impressed? I mostlikely would not have been. Just another notebook to doodle in.

• Soledad
    Soledad

Never seen this before. The BS conductor is an elder? Probably is trying to nudge the kids into taking notes and then quizzing them

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Well it happened twice. Once at the hall, which was your basic run of the mill notebook given to all the kids, then at the book study. Now the one at the book study was made by the new brother, who was an ms at his old congregation, and is obviously trying to impress the elders of his new cong. He is a real brown noser. He has all this research for all his answers. Everyone else just read the rote answer from the paragraph. They were very well prepared notebooks with schedules, and pictures on the front for each person.

I have great hopes for this guy to give me some good jwbb (jw behaving badly) moments. All the other folks are just so darn nice!

I am just wondering if they are giving these out just so they can give them to my kids. They are the only ones I know of that have the option of attending these things. I am sure that is a well known, and uncomfortable fact.

Are they that weasely?

CYP

• lola28
    lola28

This is not normal, but they could be doing it to encourage young ones to go to the SAD and take notes. This will help to keep them from getting distracted during the program.

lola

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'd be more impressed if they gave them pdas but that aint going to happen lol

• VM44
    VM44

Notebook for special assembly, "Keep your eye simple"

http://www.ministryideaz.com/downloads/2006-SAD-Keep-Your-Eye-Simple.doc

The website also has this cartoon.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

They should just be honest and change the theme to: Keep Your Mind Simple

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Matthew 6:22

NWT

22 “The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is simple, your whole body will be bright; 23 but if your eye is wicked, your whole body will be dark. If in reality the light that is in you is darkness, how great that darkness is!

NIV

22 "The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

I see a difference. Do you?

def. of simple:

Main Entry: 1 sim·ple
    Pronunciation: 'sim-p&l
    Function: adjective
    Inflected Form(s): sim·pler / -p(&-)l&r /; sim·plest / -p(&-)l&st /
    Etymology: Middle English, from Old French, plain, uncomplicated, artless, from Latin simplus, simplex, literally, single; Latin simplus from sem-, sim- one + -plus multiplied by; Latin simplic-, simplex from sem-, sim- + -plic-, -plex -fold -- more at SAME, -FOLD
    1 : free from guile : INNOCENT
    2 a : free from vanity : MODEST b : free from ostentation or display
    3 : of humble origin or modest position <a simple farmer>
    4 a : lacking in knowledge or expertise <a simple amateur of the arts> b : STUPID; especially : mentally retarded c : not socially or culturally sophisticated : NAIVE; also : CREDULOUS
    5 a : SHEER, UNMIXED <simple honesty> b : free of secondary complications <a simple vitamin deficiency> c (1) : having only one main clause and no subordinate clauses <a simple sentence> (2) of a subject or predicate : having no modifiers, complements, or objects d : constituting a basic element : FUNDAMENTAL e : not made up of many like units <a simple eye>
    6 : free from elaboration or figuration <simple harmony>
    7 a (1) : not subdivided into branches or leaflets <a simple stem> <a simple leaf> (2) : consisting of a single carpel (3) : developing from a single ovary <a simple fruit> b : controlled by a single gene <simple inherited characters>
    8 : not limited or restricted : UNCONDITIONAL <a simple obligation>
    9 : readily understood or performed <simple directions> <the adjustment was simple to make>
    10 of a statistical hypothesis : specifying exact values for one or more statistical parameters -- compare COMPOSITE 3
    - sim·ple·ness / -p&l-n&s / noun
    synonyms SIMPLE, FOOLISH, SILLY, FATUOUS, ASININE mean actually or apparently deficient in intelligence. SIMPLE implies a degree of intelligence inadequate to cope with anything complex or involving mental effort <considered people simple who had trouble with computers>. FOOLISH implies the character of being or seeming unable to use judgment, discretion, or good sense <foolish stunts>. SILLY suggests failure to act as a rational being especially by ridiculous behavior <the silly antics of revelers>. FATUOUS implies foolishness, inanity, and disregard of reality <fatuous conspiracy theories>. ASININE suggests utter and contemptible failure to use normal rationality or perception <an asinine plot>. synonym see in addition EASY

I really think who ever edits the nwt needs to use his thesaurus more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit