They are giving my kids notebooks for the special assembly. Why?

by Check_Your_Premises 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Now THAT is scary.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I have never heard of this either but then I've been out for 20 years.

The only reason I can think of giving these is to try to indoctrinate thekids by having them pay attention during those long boring talks.

It is possible they are trying to plug the teen drain out of the Borg

• Scully
    Scully

The JWs really frown on the notion of children behaving like children. They are not supposed to have toys, non-JW books, blankets, etc. because that would mean that they aren't "paying attention" to what is being said from the platform.

Ve must look like ve are all payingk attenszhun; to be distracktedt vould look like ve are not united!! Ve cannot take a shanze zat ve might schtumble an Interesstedt Person™ mit mizbehavfingk childrenz.

• carla
    carla

Does your wife have any idea about this? And what special assembly? Everywhere? and does anyone know if there is going to be somesort of thing on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day of this year? No I don't mean Christmas for them, just on those days a jw event.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Nice post mrsjones5...

I think everything would go much more smootly for JW's if we all were all a little more good...oh I mean stupid...damn, I mean naive, no I've done it again... I do of course mean 'simple'.

Feel free to take notes, but make sure you don't write anything original down. You don't really need to take notes anyway, I'll let you into a little secret - don't tell anyone - but as I recall the answers to the questions are always in the same WT paragraph somewhere (or of course the answer is 'Jesus' or 'Jehovah').

Question 1. Where would you find the answers to the questions in the Watchtower.

PS. Did anyone else spend their entire time at assemblies playing 'initials'... where you draw a grid of dots, then take it in turns (with your disinterested friend) to connect up the dots until you can make a 'box'... the most boxes wins? I know I did - I certainly don't know how old Moses was when he died, but I could rain down fiery boxes of death on your a*se if you want to go one on one :-)

• Scully
    Scully
    Did anyone else spend their entire time at assemblies playing 'initials'... where you draw a grid of dots, then take it in turns (with your disinterested friend) to connect up the dots until you can make a 'box'... the most boxes wins? I know I did

Guilty as charged.

• Purza
    Purza

We had some good hearted people in one of my old halls that would create fun little things for my daughter and I could see her buying a bunch of notebooks and handing them out to "deserving" ones. I never felt there was an ulterior motive, but just someone trying to be nice.

Purza

• onintwo
    onintwo

Notebook publishing....hmmmm. Maybe there's a shortage of "new light" coming out and ya gotta keep those presses churning. Keep the workforce occupied. Nah! That couldn't be it. Too simple an explanation.

Onintwo (of the exteme cynic class)

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Give your kids a PDA. Or a portable Playstation. See which gets used at the SAD.

OldSoul

• Dune
    Dune

Its not an official WTBS thing. Actual witnesses post the schedule books on their sites and witnesses who find them make bound notebooks with them. Each page has the time and title of the talk. And a whole page of lines to take notes. I dont think it was anything personally, most of the time the sisters only make a certain amount of copies and give them out to the first people they see. The theocratic ministry school notebook, which has all the talks and info from the schedule is the one that no one can really find. Everyone is pretty hush hush about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit