no lie they are here right now

by gringojj 45 Replies latest jw friends

• What_is_ur_point
    What_is_ur_point

ask them how could john the baptiser could be a jw??

since the religon wasen't around back then...

• gringojj
    gringojj
    So, I ask, why even have a conversation with a devoted jw?

Because they came knocking on MY door.

• blondie
    blondie

The thing to understand is that the average JW lives in the Land of Denial. They filter out what they don't want to accept or believe or convince themselves that the WTS supports their personal view being careful not to do any research or listen/read the research others have done. Don't confuse me with the facts.

The topics this happens most with is

Jesus is the mediator only for the anointed. (The rank and file do not like being pushed out of the most important relationship in the Bible, being connected to God through Jesus. If Jesus is not their mediator, they cannot imagine how they have any approach to God in prayer or how to develop the personal relationship with God the WTS is always talking about)

Only JWs will survive Armageddon. (While the rank and file JW is not too concerned about the deaths of non-JWs they don't know personally, they can't stomach the idea that their parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, husbands and wives, that aren't JWs are going to die. They feel they know these people and that they are "good" people not deserving of death so they find a way to make them an exception)

If you show them proof in the WT publications, they could respond several ways.

1) That is from an apostate source and the publication has been altered. (It doesn't matter that it is a scan or from a verifiable hard copy; the best you could do is show them in their own copy of the publication or WT-CD and then they will say that some how an evildoer got in and altered their copy or substituted an altered copy)

2) They will say it is an old quote and that the WTS no longer feels that way. (Even though you and they cannot find anything newer on the topic or that the quote is only 2 or 3 years old)

The question I have prepared for the JW that stops at my door is why at Armageddon, minor children of non-JWs are going to be destroyed forever. Why are they penalized because they were born too close to the outbreak; how have they had a chance to make a choice to serve "Jehovah."

Blondie

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

The question I have prepared for the JW that stops at my door is why at Armageddon, minor children of non-JWs are going to be destroyed forever. Why are they penalized because they were born too close to the outbreak; how have they had a chance to make a choice to serve "Jehovah."

you already know the answer to that, don't you? "we don't know the details on how jehovah will handle this situation, but jehovah is a just god and will solve these issues in ways we can't even think of".

whenever i cite massacres and murders of innocent written in the bible, my mom tells me: "they will be resurrected anyway". yeah, that's how loving jehovah is. kill em all and later resurrect them. or at least that's the excuse.

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

this is a great topic, someone should post up a "to Say" list here of the definitive "Show Stoppers" the real squirm topics, get them on the run, and then Bang! hit em with a doozie! Pay backs a bitch!

• gringojj
    gringojj

10 days and they have not called or made a return visit yet. What gives?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit